- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 741545, 15 pages
Regular Physical Exercise as a Strategy to Improve Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Status: Benefits in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
1Laboratory of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, IBILI, Medicine Faculty, University of Coimbra, 3000-354 Coimbra, Portugal
2ESAV, Polytechnic Institute of Viseu, 3504-510 Viseu, Portugal
3Centre for the Study of Education, Technologies and Health, Polytechnic Institute of Viseu, 3504-510 Viseu, Portugal
4Rehabilitation Medicine and Sports Medicine, Medicine Faculty, Coimbra University, 3000-354 Coimbra, Portugal
Received 20 April 2012; Revised 28 June 2012; Accepted 11 July 2012
Academic Editor: Chad M. Kerksick
Copyright © 2012 Edite Teixeira de Lemos et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Lina Chu, Guangzhen Fu, Qian Meng, Hui Zhou, and Man Zhang, “Identification of urinary biomarkers for type 2 diabetes using bead-based proteomic approach,” Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 2013.
- David R. Seaman, “Body mass index and musculoskeletal pain: Is there a connection?,” Chiropractic and Manual Therapies, vol. 21, no. 1, 2013.
- Fernanda R. Roque, Raquel Hernanz, Mercedes Salaices, and Ana M. Briones, “Exercise Training and Cardiometabolic Diseases: Focus on the Vascular System,” Current Hypertension Reports, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 204–214, 2013.
- D. Bishop-Bailey, “Mechanisms governing the health and performance benefits of exercise,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 170, no. 6, pp. 1153–1166, 2013.
- Nayara de Carvalho Leite, Thiago Rentz Ferreira, Sarah Rickli, Patricia Cristine Borck, Paulo Cezar de Freitas Mathias, Henriette Rosa de Oliveira Emilio, and Sabrina Grassiolli, “Glycolytic and Mitochondrial Metabolism in Pancreatic Islets from MSG-Treated Obese Rats Subjected to Swimming Training,” Cellular Physiology And Biochemistry, vol. 31, no. 2-3, pp. 242–256, 2013.
- Neil B. Ruderman, Jose M. Cacicedo, Marc Prentki, and David Carling, “AMPK, insulin resistance, and the metabolic syndrome,” Journal Of Clinical Investigation, vol. 123, no. 7, pp. 2764–2772, 2013.
- Valeria Gasperi, Isabella Savini, Maria Valeria Catani, Daniela Evangelista, and Luciana Avigliano, “Obesity-Associated Oxidative Stress: Strategies Finalized to Improve Redox State,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 10497–10538, 2013.
- Mohammad Hassan Arjmand, Farhat Ahmad Shah, Masoud Saleh Moghadam, Fatemeh Tara, Amin Jalili, Mojtaba Mosavi Bazaz, and Daryoush Hamidi Alamdari, “Prooxidant-Antioxidant Balance in Umbilical Cord Blood of Infants with Meconium Stained of Amniotic Fluid,” Biochemistry Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–4, 2013.
- Michael Williams, and Ruth E. Hogg, “Antioxidants and Diabetic Retinopathy,” Current Diabetes Reports, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 481–487, 2013.
- Anastasia Perrea, Ioannis S. Vlachos, Laskarina-Maria Korou, Ilias P. Doulamis, Konstantina Exarhopoulou, George Kypraios, Anastasios Kalofoutis, and Despina N. Perrea, “Comparison of the Short-Term Oxidative Stress Response in National League Basketball and Soccer Adolescent Athletes,” Angiology, vol. 65, no. 7, pp. 624–629, 2014.
- Xj Liu XiaoJun, and Fd Fang FuDe, “Type 2 diabetes caused by reductive redox potential?,” Science China-Life Sciences, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 729–730, 2014.
- Ruth E. Brown, Michael C. Riddell, Alison K. Macpherson, and Karissa L. Canning, “All-cause and cardiovascular mortality risk in US adults with and without type 2 diabetes: Influence of physical activity, pharmacological treatment and glycemic control,” Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 311–315, 2014.
- Kristin Eckardt, Sven W. Görgens, Silja Raschke, and Jürgen Eckel, “Myokines in insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes,” Diabetologia, 2014.
- Chengju Tian, Fadhel Alomar, Caronda J. Moore, Chun Hong Shao, Shelby Kutty, Jaipaul Singh, and Keshore R. Bidasee, “Reactive carbonyl species and their roles in sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ cycling defect in the diabetic heart,” Heart Failure Reviews, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 101–112, 2014.
- Michelle W. Voss, Lucas J. Carr, Rachel Clark, and Timothy Weng, “Revenge of the "sit" II: Does lifestyle impact neuronal and cognitive health through distinct mechanisms associated with sedentary behavior and physical activity?,” Mental Health and Physical Activity, 2014.