- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 835970, 9 pages
A Combination of Lipoic Acid Plus Coenzyme Q10 Induces PGC1α, a Master Switch of Energy Metabolism, Improves Stress Response, and Increases Cellular Glutathione Levels in Cultured C2C12 Skeletal Muscle Cells
1Institute of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Christian Albrechts University, Hermann-Rodewald-Straße 6, 24118 Kiel, Germany
2Department of Nutritional, Food and Consumer Studies, Fulda University of Applied Sciences, 36039 Fulda, Germany
3Bayer Consumer Care AG, Global Research and Development, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Received 3 February 2012; Accepted 22 February 2012
Academic Editor: Michalis G. Nikolaidis
Copyright © 2012 A. E. Wagner et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gerwyn Morris, George Anderson, Michael Berk, and Michael Maes, “Coenzyme Q10 Depletion in Medical and Neuropsychiatric Disorders: Potential Repercussions and Therapeutic Implications,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2013.
- Ashraf Virmani, Luigi Pinto, Zbigniew Binienda, and Syed Ali, “Food, Nutrigenomics, and Neurodegeneration—Neuroprotection by What You Eat!,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2013.
- Giovanni Pagano, Annarita Aiello Talamanca, Giuseppe Castello, Marco d'Ischia, Federico V. Pallardo, Sandra Petrovic, Beatriz Porto, Luca Tiano, and Adriana Zatterale, “From clinical description, to in vitro and animal studies, and backward to patients: Oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in Fanconi anemia,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, vol. 58, pp. 118–125, 2013.
- meisam sanoobar, shahryar eghtesadi, amirreza azimi, mohammad khalili, shima jazayeri, and mohammad reza gohari, “Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation Reduces Oxidative Stress and Increases Antioxidant Enzyme Activity in Patients with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis,” International Journal of Neuroscience, pp. 1–18, 2013.