- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 835970, 9 pages
A Combination of Lipoic Acid Plus Coenzyme Q10 Induces PGC1α, a Master Switch of Energy Metabolism, Improves Stress Response, and Increases Cellular Glutathione Levels in Cultured C2C12 Skeletal Muscle Cells
1Institute of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Christian Albrechts University, Hermann-Rodewald-Straße 6, 24118 Kiel, Germany
2Department of Nutritional, Food and Consumer Studies, Fulda University of Applied Sciences, 36039 Fulda, Germany
3Bayer Consumer Care AG, Global Research and Development, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Received 3 February 2012; Accepted 22 February 2012
Academic Editor: Michalis G. Nikolaidis
Copyright © 2012 A. E. Wagner et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gerwyn Morris, George Anderson, Michael Berk, and Michael Maes, “Coenzyme Q10 Depletion in Medical and Neuropsychiatric Disorders: Potential Repercussions and Therapeutic Implications,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2013.
- Ashraf Virmani, Luigi Pinto, Zbigniew Binienda, and Syed Ali, “Food, Nutrigenomics, and Neurodegeneration—Neuroprotection by What You Eat!,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2013.
- Giovanni Pagano, Annarita Aiello Talamanca, Giuseppe Castello, Marco d'Ischia, Federico V. Pallardo, Sandra Petrovic, Beatriz Porto, Luca Tiano, and Adriana Zatterale, “From clinical description, to in vitro and animal studies, and backward to patients: Oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in Fanconi anemia,” Free Radical Biology And Medicine, vol. 58, pp. 118–125, 2013.
- meisam sanoobar, shahryar eghtesadi, amirreza azimi, mohammad khalili, shima jazayeri, and mohammad reza gohari, “Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation Reduces Oxidative Stress and Increases Antioxidant Enzyme Activity in Patients with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis,” International Journal of Neuroscience, pp. 1–18, 2013.
- Roger A. Vaughan, Christine M. Mermier, Marco Bisoffi, Kristina A. Trujillo, and Carole A. Conn, “Dietary stimulators of the PGC-1 superfamily and mitochondrial biosynthesis in skeletal muscle. A mini-review,” Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry, 2013.
- Gabor Olah, Elena Volpi, Csaba Szabo, Blake B. Rasmussen, Sankar Mitra, Bartosz Szczesny, and Dillon K. Walker, “Deficiency in Repair of the Mitochondrial Genome Sensitizes Proliferating Myoblasts to Oxidative Damage,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 9, 2013.
- Tarsila Barros Moraes, Giovana Reche Dalazen, Carlos Eduardo Jacques, Raylane Silva de Freitas, Andrea Pereira Rosa, and Carlos Severo Dutra-Filho, “Glutathione metabolism enzymes in brain and liver of hyperphenylalaninemic rats and the effect of lipoic acid treatment,” Metabolic Brain Disease, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 609–615, 2014.
- Mark L. Failla, Chureeporn Chitchumroonchokchai, and Fumiki Aoki, “Increased Bioavailability of Ubiquinol Compared to That of Ubiquinone Is Due to More Efficient Micellarization during Digestion and Greater GSH-Dependent Uptake and Basolateral Secretion by Caco-2 Cells,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, pp. 140709113313002, 2014.
- Sibylle Nikolai, Patricia Huebbe, Cornelia C. Metges, Anke Schloesser, Janina Dose, Naoko Ikuta, Keiji Terao, Seiichi Matsugo, and Gerald Rimbach, “R-α lipoic acid γ-cyclodextrin complex increases energy expenditure: A 4-month feeding study in mice,” Nutrition, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 228–233, 2014.
- Renjini Ramadasan-Nair, Narayanappa Gayathri, Sudha Mishra, Balaraju Sunitha, Rajeswara Babu Mythri, Atchayaram Nalini, Yashwanth Subbannayya, Hindalahalli Chandregowda Harsha, Ullas Kolthur-Seetharam, and Muchukunte Mukunda Srinivas Bharath, “Mitochondrial Alterations and Oxidative Stress in an Acute Transient Mouse Model of Muscle Degeneration IMPLICATIONS FOR MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY AND RELATED MUSCLE PATHOLOGIES,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 289, no. 1, pp. 485–509, 2014.