- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 919832, 8 pages
Protein Oxidative Damage at the Crossroads of Cellular Senescence, Aging, and Age-Related Diseases
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire du Vieillissement, UR4-IFR83, Université Pierre et Marie Curie-Paris 6, 4 Place Jussieu, 75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
Received 30 July 2012; Accepted 14 September 2012
Academic Editor: Paula Ludovico
Copyright © 2012 Martin A. Baraibar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [26 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Martin A. Baraibar, and Bertrand Friguet, “Oxidative proteome modifications target specific cellular pathways during oxidative stress, cellular senescence and aging,” Experimental Gerontology, 2012.
- Elisa Cabiscol, Jordi Tamarit, and Joaquim Ros, “Protein carbonylation: Proteomics, specificity and relevance to aging,” Mass Spectrometry Reviews, 2013.
- Sandro Goruppi, and G. Paolo Dotto, “Mesenchymal stroma: primary determinant and therapeutic target for epithelial cancer,” Trends in Cell Biology, 2013.
- Marion Schmidt, and Daniel Finley, “Regulation of proteasome activity in health and disease,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research, 2013.
- Maria Fedorova, Ravi Chand Bollineni, and Ralf Hoffmann, “Protein carbonylation as a major hallmark of oxidative damage: Update of analytical strategies,” Mass Spectrometry Reviews, 2013.
- Ryan T. Hamilton, Holly van Remmen, Arunabh Bhattacharya, Michael E. Walsh, Yun Shi, Rochelle Wei, Yiqiang Zhang, Karl A. Rodriguez, Rochelle Buffenstein, and Asish R. Chaudhuri, “Elevated Protein Carbonylation, and Misfolding in Sciatic Nerve from db/db and Sod1-/- Mice: Plausible Link between Oxidative Stress and Demyelination,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 6, 2013.
- Arzu Sakul, Ahmet Cumaoglu, Elif Aydin, Nuray Ari, Nihat Dilsiz, and Çimen Karasu, “Age- and diabetes-induced regulation of oxidative protein modification in rat brain and peripheral tissues: Consequences of treatment with antioxidant pyridoindole,” Experimental Gerontology, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 476–484, 2013.
- Martin A. Baraibar, Romain Ladouce, and Bertrand Friguet, “Proteomic quantification and identification of carbonylated proteins upon oxidative stress and during cellular aging,” Journal of Proteomics, 2013.
- Martin A. Baraibar, Marine Gueugneau, Stephanie Duguez, Gillian Butler-Browne, Daniel Bechet, and Bertrand Friguet, “Expression and modification proteomics during skeletal muscle ageing,” Biogerontology, 2013.
- Antero Salminen, Kai Kaarniranta, and Anu Kauppinen, “Crosstalk between Oxidative Stress and SIRT1: Impact on the Aging Process,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 3834–3859, 2013.
- Ravi Chand Bollineni, Ralf Hoffmann, and Maria Fedorova, “Proteome-wide profiling of carbonylated proteins and carbonylation sites in HeLa cells under mild oxidative stress conditions,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2013.
- Annika Höhn, Jeannette König, and Tilman Grune, “Protein oxidation in aging and the removal of oxidized proteins,” Journal of Proteomics, 2013.
- Brigitta Buttari, Elisabetta Profumo, Francesco Facchiano, Elif Inci Ozturk, Luca Segoni, Luciano Saso, and Rachele Riganò, “Resveratrol Prevents Dendritic Cell Maturation in Response to Advanced Glycation End Products,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Gulcan Guntas Korkmaz, Tamer Cebe, Seval Aydin, Duygu Uzun, Ufuk Cakatay, Mustafa Erinc Sitar, and Karolin Yanar, “Oxidative damage parameters in renal tissues of aged and young rats based on gender,” Clinical Interventions In Aging, vol. 8, pp. 809–815, 2013.
- D. Neves, “Advanced glycation end-products: a common pathway in diabetes and age-related erectile dysfunction,” Free Radical Research, vol. 47, pp. 49–69, 2013.
- Ravi Chand Bollineni, Maria Fedorova, Matthias Blüher, and Ralf Hoffmann, “Carbonylated Plasma Proteins As Potential Biomarkers of Obesity Induced Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus,” Journal of Proteome Research, pp. 140710105716007, 2014.
- Tamer Cebe, Karolin Yanar, Pınar Atukeren, Tuna Ozan, Aylin Irmak Kuruç, Ahmad Kunbaz, Mustafa Erinç Sitar, Murat Mengi, Mehmet Şerif Aydın, Mukaddes Eşrefoğlu, Seval Aydın, and Ufuk Çakatay, “A comprehensive study of myocardial redox homeostasis in naturally and mimetically aged rats,” Age, vol. 36, no. 6, 2014.
- Yosra Hamdi, Hadhemi Kaddour, David Vaudry, Jérôme Leprince, Amira Zarrouk, Mohamed Hammami, Hubert Vaudry, Marie-Christine Tonon, Mohamed Amri, and Olfa Masmoudi-Kouki, “Octadecaneuropeptide ODN prevents hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative damage of biomolecules in cultured rat astrocytes,” Peptides, vol. 71, pp. 56–65, 2015.
- Sofia Lourenço dos Santos, Martin A. Baraibar, Staffan Lundberg, Orvar Eeg-Olofsson, Lars Larsson, and Bertrand Friguet, “Oxidative proteome alterations during skeletal muscle ageing,” Redox Biology, 2015.
- John A. Hardin, Neil Cobelli, and Laura Santambrogio, “Consequences of metabolic and oxidative modifications of cartilage tissue,” Nature Reviews Rheumatology, 2015.
- Olivier Pluquet, Albin Pourtier, and Corinne Abbadie, “The unfolded protein response and cellular senescence. A Review in the Theme: Cellular Mechanisms of Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Signaling in Health ,” American Journal Of Physiology-Cell Physiology, vol. 308, no. 6, pp. C415–C425, 2015.
- Marie-Paule Hamon, Anne-Laure Bulteau, and Bertrand Friguet, “Mitochondrial proteases and protein quality control in ageing and longevity,” Ageing Research Reviews, 2015.
- Graziano Colombo, Marco Clerici, Daniela Giustarini, Nicola Portinaro, Salvatore Badalamenti, Ranieri Rossi, Aldo Milzani, and Isabella Dalle-Donne, “A central role for intermolecular dityrosine cross-linking of fibrinogen in high molecular weight advanced oxidation protein product (AOPP) formation,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, vol. 1850, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2015.
- Sara Santos Franco, Hadas Raveh-Amit, Julianna Kobolak, Mohammed H. Alqahtani, Ali Mobasheri, and Andras Dinnyes, “The crossroads between cancer stem cells and aging,” Bmc Cancer, vol. 15, 2015.
- Alexei E. Medvedev, Olga A. Buneeva, Arthur T. Kopylov, Oksana V. Gnedenko, Marina V. Medvedeva, Sergey A. Kozin, Alexis S. Ivanov, Victor G. Zgoda, and Alexander A. Makarov, “The Effects of Endogenous Non-Peptide Molecule Isatin and Hydrogen Peroxide on Proteomic Profiling of Rat Brain Amyloid-beta Binding Proteins: Relevan,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 476–495, 2015.
- Elena Barbieri, Deborah Agostini, Emanuela Polidori, Lucia Potenza, Michele Guescini, Francesco Lucertini, Giosuè Annibalini, Laura Stocchi, Mauro De Santi, and Vilberto Stocchi, “The Pleiotropic Effect of Physical Exercise on Mitochondrial Dynamics in Aging Skeletal Muscle,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2015, pp. 1–15, 2015.