- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 327253, 11 pages
Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: Mechanisms, Targets, and Treatment
Oncology Division, Hospital de Santa Maria, Instituto de Medicina Molecular, 1649-039 Lisbon, Portugal
Received 26 September 2011; Revised 1 December 2011; Accepted 20 December 2011
Academic Editor: William L. Dahut
Copyright © 2012 Teresa Maria Santos Amaral et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Amit Bahl, “Metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Part 1: the challenges of the disease and its treatment,” European Journal of Oncology Nursing, vol. 17, pp. S1–S6, 2013.
- Sébastien Fortin, Kevin Brasseur, Nathalie Morin, Éric Asselin, and Gervais Bérubé, “New platinum(II) complexes conjugate at position 7α of 17β-acetyl-testosterone as new combi-molecules against prostate cancer: Design, synthesis, structure-activity relationships and biological evaluation,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2013.
- Thippeswamy Gulappa, Ramadevi Subramani Reddy, Suman Suman, Alice M. Nyakeriga, and Chendil Damodaran, “Molecular interplay between cdk4 and p21 dictates G0/G1 cell cycle arrest in prostate cancer cells,” Cancer Letters, 2013.
- Sausan Abouharb, and Paul G. Corn, “Optimal Therapy Sequencing in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer,” Current Oncology Reports, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 217–223, 2013.
- K. Franke, M. Baur, L. Daum, M. Vaegler, K.-D. Sievert, and B. Schlosshauer, “Prostate carcinoma cell growth-inhibiting hydrogel supports axonal regeneration in vitro,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 541, pp. 248–252, 2013.
- Minyi He, Yun Liu, Xinjun Deng, Songtao Qi, Xuegang Sun, Gang Liu, Yongguang Liu, Yawei Liu, and Ming Zhao, “Down-regulation of miR-200b-3p by low p73 contributes to the androgen-independence of prostate cancer cells,” The Prostate, 2013.
- Zaki Shaikhibrahim, Roopika Menon, Martin Braun, Anne Offermann, Angela Queisser, Diana Boehm, Wenzel Vogel, Kerstin Rüenauver, Christian Ruiz, Tobias Zellweger, Maria Svensson, Ove Andren, Glen Kristiansen, Nicolas Wernert, Lukas Bubendorf, Jutta Kirfel, Saskia Biskup, and Sven Perner, “ MED15 , encoding a subunit of the mediator complex, is overexpressed at high frequency in castration-resistant prostate cancer ,” International Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Roopika Menon, Mario Deng, Kerstin Rüenauver, Angela Queisser, Martin Pfeifer, Anne Offermann, Diana Boehm, Wenzel Vogel, Veit Scheble, Falko Fend, Glen Kristiansen, Nicolas Wernert, Nicole Oberbeckmann, Saskia Biskup, Mark A Rubin, Zaki Shaikhibrahim, and Sven Perner, “ Somatic copy number alterations by whole-exome sequencing implicates YWHAZ and PTK2 in castration-resistant prostate cancer ,” The Journal of Pathology, vol. 231, no. 4, pp. 505–516, 2013.
- Kimberley Carter, “Advances in prostate cancer treatment,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 823–824, 2013.
- Sara Pignatta, Chiara Arienti, Wainer Zoli, Marzia Di Donato, Gabriella Castoria, Elisa Gabucci, Valentina Casadio, Mirella Falconi, Ugo De Giorgi, Rosella Silvestrini, and Anna Tesei, “Prolonged exposure to (R)-bicalutamide generates a LNCaP subclone with alteration of mitochondrial genome,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, 2013.
- Archana Mukhopadhyay, Kayann Tabanor, Rathnam Chaguturu, and Jane V Aldrich, “Targeting inhibitor 2 of protein phosphatase 2A as a therapeutic strategy for prostate cancer treatment,” Cancer Biology & Therapy, vol. 14, no. 10, 2013.
- S. Belikov, C. Öberg, T. Jääskeläinen, V. Rahkama, J.J. Palvimo, and Ö. Wrange, “FoxA1 corrupts the antiandrogenic effect of bicalutamide but only weakly attenuates the effect of MDV3100 (Enzalutamide™),” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, vol. 365, no. 1, pp. 95–107, 2013.
- Tanya I. Stoyanova, and Andrew S. Goldstein, “Identification, characterization and targeting of Docetaxel-resistant prostate cancer cells,” Asian Journal Of Andrology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 83–84, 2013.
- Guillaume Ploussard, and Pierre Mongiat-Artus, “Triptorelin in the management of prostate cancer,” Future Oncology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 93–102, 2013.
- Sonia Liberati, Giorgio Santoni, Maria Beatrice Morelli, Massimo Nabissi, and Matteo Santoni, “Oncogenic and Anti-Oncogenic Effects of Transient Receptor Potential Channels,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 344–366, 2013.
- Yongqiang Chen, Lu Zheng, Junquan Liu, Zhonghai Zhou, Xiliang Cao, Xiaoting Lv, and Fuxing Chen, “Shikonin inhibits prostate cancer cells metastasis by reducing matrix metalloproteinase-2/-9 expression via AKT/mTOR and ROS/ERK1/2 pathways,” International Immunopharmacology, 2014.
- Juliana Inês Santos, Ana Luísa Teixeira, Francisca Dias, Mónica Gomes, Augusto Nogueira, Joana Assis, and Rui Medeiros, “Restoring TGFβ1 pathway-related microRNAs: possible impact in metastatic prostate cancer development,” Tumor Biology, 2014.
- Jacques Gilloteaux, James M. Jamison, Deborah Neal, and Jack L. Summers, “Synergistic Antitumor Cytotoxic Actions of Ascorbate and Menadione on Human Prostate (DU145) Cancer Cells In Vitro: Nucleus and Other Injuries Preceding Cell Death by Autoschizis,” Ultrastructural Pathology, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 116–140, 2014.
- Matt Shirley, and Paul L. McCormack, “Radium-223 Dichloride: A Review of Its Use in Patients with Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer with Symptomatic Bone Metastases,” Drugs, 2014.