- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 546794, 7 pages
Hypofractionated Prostate Radiotherapy with or without Conventionally Fractionated Nodal Irradiation: Clinical Toxicity Observations and Retrospective Daily Dosimetry
1Department of Radiation Oncology, Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1700 6th Avenue South Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35249, USA
2Birmingham Southern College, 900 Arkadelphia Road, Birmingham, AL 35254, USA
Received 3 March 2012; Accepted 1 May 2012
Academic Editor: Rami Ben-Yosef
Copyright © 2012 Andrew M. McDonald et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. A. Kupelian, T. R. Willoughby, C. A. Reddy, E. A. Klein, and A. Mahadevan, “Hypofractionated intensity-modulated radiotherapy (70 Gy at 2.5 Gy per fraction) for localized prostate cancer: cleveland clinic experience,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 1424–1430, 2007.
- G. Arcangeli, B. Saracino, S. Gomellini, et al., “A prospective phase III randomized trial of hypofractionation versus conventional fractionation in patients with high-risk prostate cancer,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 11–18, 2010.
- M. V. Pilepich, R. Caplan, R. W. Byhardt et al., “Phase III trial of androgen suppression using goserelin in unfavorable- prognosis carcinoma of the prostate treated with definitive radiotherapy: report of Radiation Therapy Oncology Group protocol 85-31,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1013–1021, 1997.
- G. E. Hanks, T. F. Pajak, A. Porter et al., “Phase III trial of long-term adjuvant androgen deprivation after neoadjuvant hormonal cytoreduction and radiotherapy in locally advanced carcinoma of the prostate: the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Protocol 92-02,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 21, no. 21, pp. 3972–3978, 2003.
- F. Ataman, A. Zurlo, X. Artignan et al., “Late toxicity following conventional radiotherapy for prostate cancer: analysis of the EORTC trial 22863,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1674–1681, 2004.
- M. Roach III, M. DeSilvio, C. Lawton et al., “Phase III trial comparing whole-pelvic versus prostate-only radiotherapy and neoadjuvant versus adjuvant combined androgen suppression: radiation Therapy Oncology Group 9413,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1904–1911, 2003.
- A. Pollack, A. L. Hanlon, E. M. Horwitz et al., “Dosimetry and preliminary acute toxicity in the first 100 men treated for prostate cancer on a randomized hypofractionation dose escalation trial,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 518–526, 2006.
- P. Fenoglietto, B. Laliberte, A. Allaw et al., “Persistently better treatment planning results of intensity-modulated (IMRT) over conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT) in prostate cancer patients with significant variation of clinical target volume and/or organs-at-risk,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 77–87, 2008.
- P. A. Kupelian, T. R. Willoughby, C. A. Reddy, E. A. Klein, and A. Mahadevan, “Impact of image guidance on outcomes after external beam radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 1146–1150, 2008.
- R. McCammon, K. E. Rusthoven, B. Kavanagh, S. Newell, F. Newman, and D. Raben, “Toxicity assessment of pelvic intensity-modulated radiotherapy with hypofractionated simultaneous integrated boost to prostate for intermediate- and high-risk prostate cancer,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 413–420, 2009.
- J. B. Adkison, D. R. McHaffie, S. M. Bentzen et al., “Phase I trial of pelvic nodal dose escalation with hypofractionated IMRT for high-risk prostate cancer,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 184–190, 2012.
- NCCN.org, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Prostate Cancer, 4th edition, 2011.
- D. V. Makarov, B. J. Trock, E. B. Humphreys et al., “Updated nomogram to predict pathologic stage of prostate cancer given prostate-specific antigen level, clinical stage, and biopsy Gleason score (Partin tables) based on cases from 2000 to 2005,” Urology, vol. 69, no. 6, pp. 1095–1101, 2007.
- U. S. Department of Health, and Human Services, “Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) v4,” May 2009.
- G. Arcangeli, J. Fowler, S. Gomellini et al., “Acute and late toxicity in a randomized trial of conventional versus hypofractionated three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for prostate cancer,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 1013–1021, 2011.
- H. Quon, P. C. F. Cheung, D. A. Loblaw et al., “Hypofractionated concomitant intensity-modulated radiotherapy boost for high-risk prostate cancer: late toxicity,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 898–905, 2012.
- A. Pollack, G. Walker, M. Buyyounouski, et al., “Five year results of a randomized external beam radiotherapy hypofractionation trial for prostate cancer,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 81, no. 2, article S1, 2011.
- P. Warde, M. Mason, K. Ding et al., “Combined androgen deprivation therapy and radiation therapy for locally advanced prostate cancer: a randomised, phase 3 trial,” The Lancet, vol. 378, no. 9809, pp. 2104–2111, 2011.
- C. Deville, S. Both, W. T. Hwang, Z. Tochner, and N. Vapiwala, “Clinical toxicities and dosimetric parameters after whole-pelvis versus prostate-only intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 763–772, 2010.