- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 826254, 11 pages
Relationship of Dietary Intake of Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids with Risk of Prostate Cancer Development: A Meta-Analysis of Prospective Studies and Review of Literature
1Institute of Urology, St. Luke's Medical Center, 1102 Quezon City, Philippines
2ENT Department, St. Luke's Medical Center, 1102 Quezon City, Philippines
3Preventive and Community Medicine, St. Luke's College of Medicine, 1102 Quezon City, Philippines
Received 8 March 2012; Accepted 9 July 2012
Academic Editor: Lynnette Ferguson
Copyright © 2012 Michael E. Chua et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [25 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Zhijun Wang, Jeffery Fan, Mandy Liu, Steven Yeung, Andy Chang, Moses SS Chow, Doreen Pon, and Ying Huang, “Nutraceuticals for prostate cancer chemoprevention: from molecular mechanisms to clinical application,” Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, pp. 1–14, 2013.
- J. Hübner, “Update 2013 Komplementäre Onkologie,” Der Onkologe, 2013.
- Julie K. Bassett, Gianluca Severi, Allison M. Hodge, Robert J. MacInnis, Robert A. Gibson, John L. Hopper, Dallas R. English, and Graham G. Giles, “Plasma phospholipid fatty acids, dietary fatty acids and prostate cancer risk,” International Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Jean-Joseph Hoang, Silvère Baron, David H. Volle, Jean-Marc A. Lobaccaro, and Amalia Trousson, “Lipids, LXRs and prostate cancer: Are HDACs a new link?,” Biochemical Pharmacology, 2013.
- Georgia Lenihan-Geels, Karen S. Bishop, and Lynnette R. Ferguson, “Alternative Sources of Omega-3 Fats: Can We Find a Sustainable Substitute for Fish?,” Nutrients, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1301–1315, 2013.
- Raúl Baena Ruiz, and Pedro Salinas Hernández, “Diet and Cancer: Risk factors and epidemiological evidence,” Maturitas, 2013.
- Anu W. Turunen, Anna L. Suominen, Hannu Kiviranta, Pia K. Verkasalo, and Eero Pukkala, “Cancer incidence in a cohort with high fish consumption,” Cancer Causes & Control, 2014.
- Guan-yuan Chen, Huai-hsuan Chiu, Shu-wen Lin, Yufeng Jane Tseng, Sung-jeng Tsai, and Ching-hua Kuo, “Development and application of a comparative fatty acid analysis method to investigate voriconazole-induced hepatotoxicity,” Clinica Chimica Acta, 2014.
- Xavier Moreel, Janie Allaire, Caroline Leger, Andre Caron, Marie-Eve Labonte, Benoit Lamarche, Pierre Julien, Patrice Desmeules, Bernard Tetu, and Vincent Fradet, “Prostatic and Dietary Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Prostate Cancer Progression during Active Surveillance,” Cancer Prevention Research, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 766–776, 2014.
- Rose G. Radin, Shiriki K. Kumanyika, Edward A. Ruiz-Narvaez, Julie R. Palmer, and Lynn Rosenberg, “Prospective study of dietary fat and risk of uterine leiomyomata,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 99, no. 5, pp. 1105–1116, 2014.
- Philip C. Calder, and Richard J. Deckelbaum, “Dietary fatty acids in health and disease,” Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 111–115, 2014.
- Jing Li, Chunquan Li, Junwei Han, Chunlong Zhang, Desi Shang, Qianlan Yao, Yunpeng Zhang, Yanjun Xu, Wei Liu, Meng Zhou, Haixiu Yang, Fei Su, and Xia Li, “The detection of risk pathways, regulated by miRNAs, via the integration of sample-matched miRNA-mRNA profiles and pathway structure,” Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 2014.
- D. Küllenberg de Gaudry, and U. Massing, “Stellenwert von langkettigen Omega-3-Fettsäuren bei Prostatakrebs,” Der Urologe, 2014.
- Andrea Dueregger, Isabel Heidegger, Philipp Ofer, Bernhard Perktold, Reinhold Ramoner, Helmut Klocker, and Iris E. Eder, “The Use of Dietary Supplements to Alleviate Androgen Deprivation Therapy Side Effects during Prostate Cancer Treatment,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 4491–4519, 2014.
- Zhimei Hu, Haixia Qi, Ruixue Zhang, Kun Zhang, Zhemin Shi, Yanan Chang, Linfeng Chen, Mohsen Esmaeili, Aria Baniahmad, and Wei Hong, “Docosahexaenoic acid inhibits the growth of hormone-dependent prostate cancer cells by promoting the degradation of the androgen receptor,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 3769–3774, 2015.
- Andrea Dueregger, Bernd Schoepf, Theresa Eder, Julia Hoefer, Erich Gnaiger, Astrid Aufinger, Lukas Kenner, Bernhard Perktold, Reinhold Ramoner, Helmut Klocker, and Iris E. Eder, “Differential Utilization of Dietary Fatty Acids in Benign and Malignant Cells of the Prostate,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 8, 2015.
- Emilio Ros, Jose Lopez-Miranda, Catalina Pico, Miguel Angel Rubio, Nancy Babio, Aleix Sala-Vila, Francisco Perez-Jimenez, Eduard Escrich, Monica Bullo, Montserrat Solanas, Angel Gil Hernandez, and Jordi Salas-Salvado en Nombre de la Fesnad, “Consensus On Fats And Oils In The Diet Of Spanish Adults; Position Paper Of The Spanish Federation Of Food, Nutrition And Dietetics Societies,” Nutricion Hospitalaria, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 435–477, 2015.
- Chang Xu, Fang-Fang Han, Xian-Tao Zeng, Tong-Zu Liu, Shen Li, and Zheng-Yan Gao, “Fat Intake Is Not Linked to Prostate Cancer: A Systematic Review and Dose-Response Meta-Analysis,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 7, 2015.
- Yuan-Qing Fu, Ju-Sheng Zheng, Bo Yang, and Duo Li, “Effect of Individual Omega-3 Fatty Acids on the Risk of Prostate Cancer: A Systematic Review and Dose-Response Meta-Analysis of Prospective Cohort Stu,” Journal Of Epidemiology, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 261–274, 2015.
- Dominik D. Alexander, Julie K. Bassett, Douglas L. Weed, Erin Cernkovich Barrett, Heather Watson, and William Harris, “Meta-Analysis of Long-Chain Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (LCω-3PUFA) and Prostate Cancer,” Nutrition and Cancer, pp. 1–12, 2015.
- Michael T. Dinwiddie, Paul D. Terry, Jay Whelan, and Rachel E. Patzer, “Omega-3 Fatty Acid Consumption and Prostate Cancer: A Review of Exposure Measures and Results of Epidemiological Studies,” Journal of the American College of Nutrition, pp. 1–17, 2015.
- Huai-Hsuan Chiu, Sung-Jeng Tsai, Y. Jane Tseng, Ming-Shiang Wu, Wei-Chih Liao, Chiun-Sheng Huang, and Ching-Hua Kuo, “An efficient and robust fatty acid profiling method for plasma metabolomic studies by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry,” Clinica Chimica Acta, 2015.
- Pao-Hwa Lin, William Aronson, and Stephen J. Freedland, “Nutrition, dietary interventions and prostate cancer: the latest evidence,” Bmc Medicine, vol. 13, 2015.
- Stefano Marventano, Paulina Kolacz, Sabrina Castellano, Fabio Galvano, Silvio Buscemi, Antonio Mistretta, and Giuseppe Grosso, “A review of recent evidence in human studies of n-3 and n-6 PUFA intake on cardiovascular disease, cancer, and depressive disorders: does the ratio re,” International Journal Of Food Sciences And Nutrition, vol. 66, no. 6, pp. 611–622, 2015.
- Guenther Wolfram, Angela Bechthold, Heiner Boeing, Sabine Ellinger, Hans Hauner, Anja Kroke, Eva Leschik-Bonnet, Jakob Linseisen, Stefan Lorkowski, Matthias Schulze, Peter Stehle, and Jessica Dinter, “Evidence-Based Guideline of the German Nutrition Society: Fat Intake and Prevention of Selected Nutrition-Related Diseases,” Annals Of Nutrition And Metabolism, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 141–204, 2015.