- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 418340, 8 pages
The Role of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor in Metastatic Prostate Cancer to the Skeleton
1Spinal Biology Research Laboratory, University of Melbourne, Department of Surgery, Austin Health, P.O. Box 5555, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia
2Department of Spinal Surgery, Austin Health, P.O. Box 5555, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia
Received 30 June 2013; Revised 4 November 2013; Accepted 14 November 2013
Academic Editor: Manfred Wirth
Copyright © 2013 Emma Roberts et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Zhu Mei, HuiKe Jiao, Wei Wang, Jie Li, GuoQiang Chen, and Ying Xu, “Polycomb chromobox 4 enhances migration and pulmonary metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma cell line MHCC97L,” Science China Life Sciences, 2014.
- Erik H. Knelson, Jasmine C. Nee, and Gerard C. Blobe, “Heparan sulfate signaling in cancer,” Trends in Biochemical Sciences, 2014.
- Ning Wang, Freyja E Docherty, Hannah K Brown, Kimberley J Reeves, Anne CM Fowles, Penelope D Ottewell, T Neil Dear, Ingunn Holen, Peter I Croucher, and Colby L Eaton, “Prostate Cancer Cells Preferentially Home to Osteoblast-rich Areas in the Early Stages of Bone Metastasis: Evidence From In Vivo Models,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 2688–2696, 2014.
- Koen Raymaekers, Steve Stegen, Nick van Gastel, and Geert Carmeliet, “The vasculature: a vessel for bone metastasis,” BoneKEy Reports, pp. 742, 2015.
- Marina Gobbe Moschetta, Larissa Bazela Maschio, Bruna Victorasso Jardim-Perassi, Gabriela Bottaro Gelaleti, Juliana Ramos Lopes, Camila Leonel, Naiane Do Nascimento Goncalves, Livia Carvalho Ferreira, Gustavo Rodrigues Martins, Thaiz Perraz Borin, and Debora Aparecida Pires De Campos Zuccari, “Prognostic value of vascular endothelial growth factor and hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha in canine malignant mammary tumors,” Oncology Reports, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 2345–2353, 2015.
- Pierrick G.J. Fournier, Patricia Juárez, Guanglong Jiang, Gregory A. Clines, Maria Niewolna, Hun Soo Kim, Holly W. Walton, Xiang Hong Peng, Yunlong Liu, Khalid S. Mohammad, Clark D. Wells, John M. Chirgwin, and Theresa A. Guise, “The TGF-β Signaling Regulator PMEPA1 Suppresses Prostate Cancer Metastases to Bone,” Cancer Cell, 2015.
- Victoria Hillerdal, and Magnus Essand, “Chimeric Antigen Receptor-Engineered T Cells for the Treatment of Metastatic Prostate Cancer,” BioDrugs, 2015.
- Roque Diaz, Paul A. Nguewa, Miriam Redrado, Irene Manrique, and Alfonso Calvo, “Sunitinib reduces tumor hypoxia and angiogenesis, and radiosensitizes prostate cancer stem-like cells,” The Prostate, 2015.
- Henrique J. Cardoso, Cátia V. Vaz, Sara Correia, Marília I. Figueira, Ricardo Marques, Cláudio J. Maia, and Sílvia Socorro, “Paradoxical and contradictory effects of imatinib in two cell line models of hormone-refractory prostate cancer,” The Prostate, 2015.
- Yong Gao, Puxian Li, Zhenrui Liu, Xingtao Diao, and Chunyun Song, “Expression levels of vascular endothelial cell growth factor and microRNA-210 are increased in medulloblastoma and metastatic medulloblastoma,” Experimental And Therapeutic Medicine, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 2138–2144, 2015.
- Eileen M. McNerney, and Sergio A. Onate, “New Insights in the Role of Androgen-to-Estrogen Ratios, Specific Growth Factors and Bone Cell Microenvironment to Potentiate Prostate Cancer Bone Metastasis,” Nuclear Receptor Research, vol. 2, 2015.
- Yan Zhu, Chengshan Li, Aichen Su, Yuanye Wang, and Shengnian Zhou, “Quantification of microRNA-210 in the cerebrospinal fluid and serum: Implications for Alzheimer's disease,” Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, 2015.
- Xiaopeng Jia, Yanan Sun, and Baozhi Wang, “Gray level entropy matrix is a superior predictor than multiplex ELISA in the detection of reactive stroma and metastatic potential of high-grade prostatic adenocarcinoma,” IUBMB Life, 2015.
- Yi-Chien Lu, Wen-Chin Weng, and Hsinyu Lee, “Functional Roles of Calreticulin in Cancer Biology,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Molly H. Jenkins, Sarah S. Alrowaished, Michelle F. Goody, Bryan D. Crawford, and Clarissa A. Henry, “Laminin and Matrix metalloproteinase 11 regulate Fibronectin levels in the zebrafish myotendinous junction,” Skeletal Muscle, vol. 6, no. 1, 2016.
- Daisy Fancourt, “An introduction to the psychoneuroimmunology of music: History, future collaboration and a research agenda,” Psychology Of Music, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 168–182, 2016.
- Jean Piechowski, “Trophoblastic-like transdifferentiation: A key to oncogenesis,” Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, 2016.