- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 539680, 10 pages
Circulating MicroRNAs as Biomarkers of Prostate Cancer: The State of Play
1Department of Surgery, Royal Melbourne Hospital, The University of Melbourne, Level 5 Clinical Sciences Building, Parkville, Melbourne, VIC 3050, Australia
2Dame Roma Mitchell Cancer Research Laboratories, The University of Adelaide, P.O. Box 14, Rundle Mall, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Received 28 September 2012; Accepted 5 February 2013
Academic Editor: Jostein Halgunset
Copyright © 2013 Nikhil Sapre and Luke A. Selth. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yi Zhang, Hao Hu, Lu Song, Lin Cai, Renxiong Wei, and Wei Jin, “Epirubicin-mediated expression of miR-302b is involved in osteosarcoma apoptosis and cell cycle regulation,” Toxicology Letters, 2013.
- S. Dijkstra, P.F.A. Mulders, and J.A. Schalken, “Clinical Use of Novel Urine and Blood Based Prostate Cancer Biomarkers: a review,” Clinical Biochemistry, 2013.
- Colin Cooper, Jaume Reventos, Jeremy Clark, Melania Montes, Eva Colas, Jacques Planas, Andreas Doll, Marta Garcia, Tamara Sequeiros, Marta Llaurado, Ines de Torres, Marina Rigau, Juan Morote, and Mireia Olivan, “The Present and Future of Prostate Cancer Urine Biomarkers,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 12620–12649, 2013.
- Luke A. Selth, Matthew J. Roberts, Clement W. K. Chow, Villis R. Marshall, Suhail A. R. Doi, Andrew D. Vincent, Lisa M. Butler, Martin F. Lavin, Wayne D. Tilley, and Robert A. Gardiner, “Human seminal fluid as a source of prostate cancer-specific microRNA biomarkers,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. L17–L21, 2014.
- Pedro Costa-Pinheiro, Rui Henrique, and Carmen Jerónimo, “Biomarkers and personalized risk stratification for patients with clinically localized prostate cancer,” Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Traian Vasile Constantin, Victor Lucian Madan, Maria-Magdalena Constantin, Silviu-Horia Morariu, and Bogdan Braticevici, “The Role of Prostate-Specific Antigen in Prostate Cancer Screening,” Revista Romana de Medicina de Laborator, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 275–281, 2014.
- Veronica M. Borgonio Cuadra, Norma Celia Gonzalez-Huerta, Sandra Romero-Cordoba, Alfredo Hidalgo-Miranda, and Antonio Miranda-Duarte, “Altered Expression of Circulating MicroRNA in Plasma of Patients with Primary Osteoarthritis and In Silico Analysis of Their Pathways,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 6, 2014.
- Bernhard Ralla, Carsten Stephan, Sebastian Meller, Dimo Dietrich, Glen Kristiansen, and Klaus Jung, “Nucleic acid-based biomarkers in body fluids of patients with urologic malignancies*,” Critical Reviews in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, pp. 1–32, 2014.
- Nikhil Sapre, Matthew K. H. Hong, Geoff Macintyre, Heather Lewis, Adam Kowalczyk, Anthony J. Costello, Niall M. Corcoran, and Christopher M. Hovens, “Curated MicroRNAs in Urine and Blood Fail to Validate as Predictive Biomarkers for High-Risk Prostate Cancer,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 4, 2014.
- Nicholas H. Farina, Marie E. Wood, Scott D. Perrapato, Christopher S. Francklyn, Gary S. Stein, Janet L. Stein, and Jane B. Lian, “Standardizing Analysis of Circulating MicroRNA: Clinical and Biological Relevance,” Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 805–811, 2014.
- Thejaswini Venkatesh, Padmanaban S. Suresh, and Rie Tsutsumi, “Non-coding RNAs: Functions and applications in endocrine-related cancer,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, 2015.
- Swati Dhar, Avinash Kumar, Agnes M. Rimando, Xu Zhang, and Anait S. Levenson, “Resveratrol and pterostilbene epigenetically restore PTEN expression by targeting oncomiRs of the miR-17 family in prostate cancer,” Oncotarget, vol. 6, no. 29, pp. 27214–27226, 2015.
- Avinash Kumar, Swati Dhar, Agnes M. Rimando, Janice M. Lage, Jack R. Lewin, Xu Zhang, and Anait S. Levenson, “Epigenetic potential of resveratrol and analogs in preclinical models of prostate cancer,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 2015.
- Eman A. Toraih, Eman A. Mohammed, Sherif Farrag, Nevene Ramsis, and Somaya Hosny, “Pilot Study of Serum MicroRNA-21 as a Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarker in Egyptian Breast Cancer Patients,” Molecular Diagnosis & Therapy, 2015.
- Tangwei Wu, Weiqun Chen, Deyong Kong, Xiaoyi Li, Hongda Lu, Shuiyi Liu, Jing Wang, Lili Du, Qingzhi Kong, Xiaodong Huang, and Zhongxin Lu, “miR-25 targets the modulator of apoptosis 1 gene in lung cancer,” Carcinogenesis, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 925–935, 2015.
- Brittany L. Mihelich, Joseph C. Maranville, Rosalie Nolley, Donna M. Peehl, and Larisa Nonn, “Elevated Serum MicroRNA Levels Associate with Absence of High-Grade Prostate Cancer in a Retrospective Cohort,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 4, 2015.
- Rachel E. Crossland, Jean Norden, Louis A. Bibby, Joanna Davis, and Anne M. Dickinson, “Evaluation of optimal extracellular vesicle small RNA isolation and qRT-PCR normalisation for serum and urine samples,” Journal of Immunological Methods, 2015.
- Johannes H. Matse, Janice Yoshizawa, Xiaoyan Wang, David Elashoff, Jan G. M. Bolscher, Enno C. I. Veerman, C. Rene Leemans, Michiel D. Pegtel, David T. W. Wong, and Elisabeth Bloemena, “Human Salivary Micro-RNA in Patients with Parotid Salivary Gland Neoplasms,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 11, 2015.
- Jeffrey J. Tosoian, Ashley E. Ross, Lori J. Sokoll, Alan W. Partin, and Christian P. Pavlovich, “Urinary Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 17–38, 2016.