- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 717080, 5 pages
Quantifying the Ki-67 Heterogeneity Profile in Prostate Cancer
1UC Irvine School of Medicine, 1001 Health Sciences Road, 252 Irvine Hall, Irvine, CA 92697-3950, USA
2UCLA Department of Radiation Oncology, UCLA Health System, 200 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite B265, Los Angeles, CA 90095-6951, USA
3Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, 8-684 Factor Building, Box 951781, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1732, USA
4Department of Pathology, UCLA Health Systems, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, CHS 14-112, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1732, USA
Received 15 June 2013; Accepted 2 September 2013
Academic Editor: James L. Gulley
Copyright © 2013 Shane Mesko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Endl and J. Gerdes, “The Ki-67 protein: fascinating forms and an unknown function,” Experimental Cell Research, vol. 257, no. 2, pp. 231–237, 2000.
- J. Gerdes, H. Lemke, and H. Baisch, “Cell cycle analysis of a cell proliferation associated human nuclear antigen defined by the monoclonal antibody Ki-67,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 133, no. 4, pp. 1710–1715, 1984.
- G. Landberg and G. Roos, “Proliferating cell nuclear antigen and Ki-67 antigen expression in human haematopoietic cells during growth stimulation and differentiation,” Cell Proliferation, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 427–437, 1993.
- D. M. Berney, A. Gopalan, S. Kudahetti et al., “Ki-67 and outcome in clinically localised prostate cancer: analysis of conservatively treated prostate cancer patients from the trans-atlantic prostate group study,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 888–893, 2009.
- V. S. Khoo, A. Pollack, D. Cowen, et al., “Relationship of Ki-67 labeling index to DNA-ploidy, S-phase fraction, and outcome in prostate cancer treated with radiotherapy,” The Prostate, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 166–172, 1999.
- A. Pollack, D. Cowen, P. Troncoso et al., “Molecular markers of outcome after radiotherapy in patients with prostate carcinoma: Ki-67, bcl-2, bax, and bcl-x,” Cancer, vol. 97, no. 7, pp. 1630–1638, 2003.
- P. T. Tran, R. K. Hales, J. Zeng, et al., “Tissue biomarkers for prostate cancer radiation therapy,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 772–787, 2012.
- L.-Y. Khor, K. Bae, R. Paulus et al., “MDM2 and Ki-67 predict for distant metastasis and mortality in men treated with radiotherapy and androgen deprivation for prostate cancer: RTOG 92-02,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 19, pp. 3177–3184, 2009.
- R. Li, K. Heydon, M. E. Hammond et al., “Ki-67 staining index predicts distant metastasis and survival in locally advanced prostate cancer treated with radiotherapy: an analysis of patients in Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Protocol 86-10,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 4118–4124, 2004.
- P. Stattin, J.-E. Damber, L. Karlberg, and A. Bergh, “Cell proliferation assessed by Ki-67 immunoreactivity on formalin fixed tissues is a predictive factor for survival in prostate cancer,” Journal of Urology, vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 219–222, 1997.
- D. Cowen, P. Troncoso, V. S. Khoo et al., “Ki-67 staining is an independent correlate of biochemical failure in prostate cancer treated with radiotherapy,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 1148–1154, 2002.
- Z. Yang, L. H. Tang, and D. S. Klimstra, “Effect of tumor heterogeneity on the assessment of Ki67 labeling index in well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumors metastatic to the liver: implications for prognostic stratification,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 853–860, 2011.
- M. Dowsett, T. O. Nielsen, R. A'Hern et al., “Assessment of Ki67 in Breast Cancer: recommendations from the international Ki67 in breast cancer working Group,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 103, no. 22, pp. 1656–1664, 2011.
- C. Piani, G. M. Franchi, C. Cappelletti et al., “Cytological Ki-67 in pancreatic endocrine tumours: an opportunity for pre-operative grading,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 175–181, 2008.
- R. Li, K. Heydon, M. E. Hammond et al., “Ki-67 staining index predicts distant metastasis and survival in locally advanced prostate cancer treated with radiotherapy: an analysis of patients in Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Protocol 86-10,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 10, no. 12 I, pp. 4118–4124, 2004.
- A. Pollack, M. Desilvio, L.-Y. Khor et al., “Ki-67 staining is a strong predictor of distant metastasis and mortality for men with prostate cancer treated with radiotherapy plus androgen deprivation: Radiation Therapy Oncology Group trial 92-02,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 2133–2140, 2004.
- B. Verhoven, M. Ritter, L.-Y. Khor, et al., “Ki-67 is an independent predictor of metastasis and cause-specific mortality for prostate cancer patients treated on Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) 94-08,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 317–323, 2013.
- A. V. Mitra, C. Jameson, Y. Barbachano et al., “Elevated expression of Ki-67 identifies aggressive prostate cancers but does not distinguish BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation carriers,” Oncology Reports, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 299–305, 2010.
- A. Lopez-Beltran, L. Cheng, A. Blanca, R. Montironi, et al., “Cell proliferation and apoptosis in prostate needle biopsies with adenocarcinoma Gleason score 6 or 7,” Analytical and Quantitative Cytology and Histology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 61–65, 2012.