- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 967839, 6 pages
Medication Responsiveness of Motor Symptoms in a Population-Based Study of Parkinson Disease
1Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095-7334, USA
2Department of Medicine, UCLA Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1736, USA
3UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1772, USA
4RAND, Santa Monica, CA 90407-2138, USA
5Parkinson's Disease Research, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Education and Clinical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
6Department of Neurology, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Received 16 August 2011; Revised 4 October 2011; Accepted 5 October 2011
Academic Editor: Jan O. Aasly
Copyright © 2011 Yvette M. Bordelon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. A. Kang, J. M. Bronstein, D. L. Masterman, M. Redelings, J. A. Crum, and B. Ritz, “Clinical characteristics in early Parkinson's disease in a central California population-based study,” Movement Disorders, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1133–1142, 2005.
- L. M. Shulman, A. L. Gruber-Baldini, K. E. Anderson, P. S. Fishman, S. G. Reich, and W. J. Weiner, “The clinically important difference on the unified parkinson's disease rating scale,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 64–70, 2010.
- A. L. Whone, R. L. Watts, A. J. Stoessl et al., “Slower progression of Parkinson's disease with ropinirole versus levodopa: the REAL-PET study,” Annals of Neurology, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 93–101, 2003.
- R. G. Holloway, “Pramipexole vs levodopa as initial treatment for Parkinson disease: a 4-year randomized controlled trial,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 1044–1053, 2004.
- A. H. Rajput, A. Voll, M. L. Rajput, C. A. Robinson, and A. Rajput, “Course in parkinson disease subtypes: a 39-year clinicopathologic study,” Neurology, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 206–212, 2009.
- S Fahn, R. L. Elton, and UPDRS Development Committee, Eds., Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale, Macmillan Healthcare Information, Florham Park, NJ, USA, 1987.
- S. Fahn, “Levodopa and the progression of Parkinson's disease,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 351, no. 24, pp. 2498–2508, 2004.
- J. G. Nutt and W. R. Woodward, “Levodopa pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in fluctuating parkinsonian patients,” Neurology, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 739–744, 1986.
- A. Schrag, C. Sampaio, N. Counsell, and W. Poewe, “Minimal clinically important change on the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale,” Movement Disorders, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1200–1207, 2006.
- J. C. Möller, Y. Körner, R. C. Dodel et al., “Pharmacotherapy of Parkinson's disease in Germany,” Journal of Neurology, vol. 252, no. 8, pp. 926–935, 2005.
- A. Schrag and N. Quinn, “Dyskinesias and motor fluctuations in Parkinson's disease: a community-based study,” Brain, vol. 123, no. 11, pp. 2297–2305, 2000.
- K. A. Josephs, J. Y. Matsumoto, and J. E. Ahlskog, “Benign tremulous parkinsonism,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 354–357, 2006.