- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 124527, 10 pages
Progressive Resistance Exercise and Parkinson's Disease: A Review of Potential Mechanisms
1Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
2Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
3Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
4Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
5Department of Neurology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
6Department of Bioengineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
7Department of Physical Therapy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
8Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Received 20 July 2011; Revised 19 September 2011; Accepted 20 September 2011
Academic Editor: Gammon M. Earhart
Copyright © 2012 Fabian J. David et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Shinichi Amano, Ryan T. Roemmich, Jared W. Skinner, and Chris J. Hass, “Ambulation and Parkinson Disease,” Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 371–+, 2013.
- Lara A. Pilutti, and Audrey L. Hicks, “Rehabilitation of Ambulatory Limitations,” Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 277–+, 2013.
- Lidiane O. Lima, “Recruitment rate, feasibility and safety of power training in individuals w ith Parkinson's disease: a proof-of-concept study,” Revista Brasileira De Fisioterapia, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 49–56, 2013.
- Michael J. Falvo, “Parkinson Disease and Exercise,” Comprehensive Physiology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 833–848, 2013.
- Julie A. Robichaud, Fabian J. David, Sue E. Leurgans, Miriam R. Rafferty, Cynthia Poon, David E. Vaillancourt, Wendy M. Kohrt, and Cynthia L. Comella, “A two-year randomized controlled trial of progressive resistance exercise f or Parkinson's disease,” Movement Disorders, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 1230–1240, 2013.
- Kaitlyn P. Roland, and Gareth R. Jones, “Parkinson's disease and sex-related differences in electromyography during daily life,” Journal Of Electromyography And Kinesiology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 958–965, 2013.