- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 321406, 8 pages
L-DOPA Uptake in Astrocytic Endfeet Enwrapping Blood Vessels in Rat Brain
1Department of Physiology, Universidad Central del Caribe, Bayamón, PR 00956, USA
2Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Received 14 March 2012; Accepted 13 June 2012
Academic Editor: Heinz Reichmann
Copyright © 2012 M. Y. Inyushin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Glen B. Baker, and Darrell D. Mousseau, “Recent Developments in the Regulation of Monoamine Oxidase Form and Function: Is the Current Model Restricting Our Understanding of the Breadth of Contribution of Monoamine Oxidase to Brain [dys]Function?,” Current Topics In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 20, pp. 2163–2176, 2012.
- V. Makarov, L. Kucheryavykh, Y. Kucheryavykh, A. Rivera, M. J. Eaton, S. N. Skatchkov, and M. Inyushin, “Transport Reversal during Heteroexchange: A Kinetic Study,” Journal of Biophysics, vol. 2013, pp. 1–14, 2013.
- Lihong V. Wang, Konstantin I. Maslov, Li Li, Vassiliy Tsytsarev, and Bin Rao, “Photoacoustic and optical coherence tomography of epilepsy with high temporal and spatial resolution and dual optical contrasts,” Journal Of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 216, no. 2, pp. 142–145, 2013.
- Masato Asanuma, Ikuko Miyazaki, Shinki Murakami, Francisco J. Diaz-Corrales, and Norio Ogawa, “Striatal Astrocytes Act as a Reservoir for L-DOPA,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- M. Angela Cenci, “Presynaptic Mechanisms of l-DOPA-Induced Dyskinesia: The Findings, the Debate, and the Therapeutic Implications,” Frontiers in Neurology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Lidia Zueva, Yomarie Rivera, Lilia Kucheryavykh, Serguei N. Skatchkov, Misty J. Eaton, Priscila Sanabria, and Mikhail Inyushin, “Electron Microscopy in Rat Brain Slices Reveals Rapid Accumulation of Cisplatin on Ribosomes and Other Cellular Components Only in Glia,” Chemotherapy Research and Practice, vol. 2014, pp. 1–5, 2014.
- Elzbieta Janda, Antonella Lascala, Cristina Carresi, Maddalena Parafati, Serafina Aprigliano, Vanessa Russo, Claudia Savoia, Elena Ziviani, Vincenzo Musolino, Federica Morani, Ciro Isidoro, and Vincenzo Mollace, “Parkinsonian toxin-induced oxidative stress inhibits basal autophagy in astrocytes via NQO2/quinone oxidoreductase 2: Implications for neuroprotection,” Autophagy, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1063–1080, 2015.
- Adriana Huertas, William D. Wessinger, Yuri V. Kucheryavykh, Priscila Sanabria, Misty J. Eaton, Serguei N. Skatchkov, Legier V. Rojas, Geronimo Maldonado-Martinez, and Mikhail Y. Inyushin, “Quinine enhances the behavioral stimulant effect of cocaine in mice,” Pharmacology Biochemistry And Behavior, vol. 129, pp. 26–33, 2015.
- Fu-Xing Zuo, Xin-Jie Bao, Xi-Cai Sun, Jun Wu, Qing-Ran Bai, Guo Chen, Xue-Yuan Li, Qiang-Yi Zhou, Yuan-Fan Yang, Qin Shen, and Ren-Zhi Wang, “Transplantation of Human Neural Stem Cells in a Parkinsonian Model Exerts Neuroprotection via Regulation of the Host Microenvironment,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 26473–26492, 2015.
- G. Ramírez-García, V. Palafox-Sánchez, and I.D. Limón, “Nitrosative and cognitive effects of chronic L-DOPA administration in rats with intra-nigral 6-OHDA lesion,” Neuroscience, 2015.