- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Physics Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 103893, 10 pages
Nonlinear Gravitoelectrostatic Sheath Fluctuation in Solar Plasma
Department of Physics, Tezpur University, Napaam, Assam, Tezpur 784028, India
Received 4 November 2010; Revised 18 September 2011; Accepted 19 September 2011
Academic Editor: Eric G. Blackman
Copyright © 2011 P. K. Karmakar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Rosseland, “Electrical state of a Star,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 84, pp. 308–317, 1924.
- R. Gunn, “The electrical state of the sun,” Physical Review, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 983–989, 1931.
- C. B. Dwivedi, P. K. Karmakar, and S. C. Tripathy, “A gravito-electrostatic sheath model for surface origin of subsonic solar wind plasma,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 663, no. 2, pp. 1340–1353, 2007.
- S. R. Cranmer, “Coronal holes and the high-speed solar wind,” Space Science Reviews, vol. 101, no. 3-4, pp. 229–294, 2002.
- J. W. Chamberlain, “Interplanetary gas. II. Expansion of a model solar corona,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 131, pp. 47–56, 1960.
- J. W. Chamberlain, “Interplanetary gas. III. A hydrodynamic model of the corona,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 133, pp. 675–687, 1961.
- J. Lemaire and V. Pierrard, “Kinetic models of solar and polar winds,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 277, no. 1-2, pp. 169–180, 2001.
- I. Zouganelis, M. Maksimovic, N. Meyer-Vernet, H. Lamy, and K. Issautier, “A transonic collisionless model of the solar wind,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 606, no. 1, pp. 542–554, 2004.
- I. Ballai, J. C. Thelen, and B. Roberts, “Solitary waves in a Hall solar wind plasma,” Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 404, no. 2, pp. 701–707, 2003.
- I. Ballai, “Nonlinear waves in solar plasmas,” PADEU, vol. 15, pp. 73–82, 2005.
- I. Bailai, E. Forgács-Dajka, and A. Marcu, “Dispersive shock waves in the solar wind,” Astronomische Nachrichten, vol. 328, no. 8, pp. 734–737, 2007.
- J. Ashmall and J. Richardson, “Comparison of Voyager shocks in solar cycle 23,” in Physics of Collisionless Shocks, G. Li, G. P. Zank, and C. T. Russell, Eds., pp. 299–303, American Institute of Physics, 2005.
- T. V. Zaqarashvili, V. Kukhianidze, and M. L. Khodachenko, “Propagation of a sausage soliton in the solar lower atmosphere observed by Hinode/SOT,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society: Letters, vol. 404, no. 1, pp. L74–L78, 2010.
- P. K. Shukla and A. A. Mamun, “Solitons, shocks and vortices in dusty plasmas,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 5, pp. 17.1–17.37, 2003.
- M. Khan, S. Ghosh, S. Sarkar, and M. R. Gupta, “Ion acoustic shock waves in a dusty plasma,” Physica Scripta, vol. T116, pp. 53–56, 2005.
- V. M. Nakariakov and E. Verwichte, “Coronal waves and oscillations,” Living Reviews in Solar Physics, vol. 2, pp. 3–65, 2005.
- M. S. Ruderman, “Nonlinear waves in the solar atmosphere,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 364, no. 1839, pp. 485–504, 2006.
- P. K. Karmakar, “A numerical investigation of electric current conservation associated with solar wind plasma under GES-model approach,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 208, Article ID 012072, 2010.
- E. Grun, B. Gustfson, I. Mann, et al., “Interstellar dust in the heliosphere,” Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 286, pp. 915–924, 1994.
- P. K. Karmakar, “Application of inertia-induced excitation theory for nonlinear acoustic modes in colloidal plasma equilibrium flow,” Pramana - Journal of Physics, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 631–648, 2007.
- P. K. Karmakar, “Nonlinear stability of pulsational mode of gravitational collapse in self-gravitating hydrostatically bounded dust molecular cloud,” Pramana - Journal of Physics, vol. 76, no. 6, pp. 945–956, 2011.