- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Physics Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 186704, 6 pages
Isobaric Study of the Elastic Properties for Alkaline Earth Oxides under High Temperature
1Department of Physics, Agra College, Agra 282002, India
2Department of Physics, Goverment Degree College, Sambhal, Moradabad, India
3K. P. Engineering College, N. H. 2, Etmadpur, Agra 283202, India
Received 20 September 2010; Revised 7 March 2011; Accepted 9 March 2011
Academic Editor: Fahrettin Yakuphanoglu
Copyright © 2011 Seema Gupta et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Hazen and L. W. Finger, Comparative Crystal Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- R. Chidambaram and S. M. Sharma, “Frontiers in high-pressure physics research,” Current Science, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 397–408, 1991.
- M. Singh, P. P. Singh, M. Kumar, and B. R. K. Gupta, Indian Journal of Physics, vol. 74A, no. 6, pp. 613–616, 2000.
- M. Singh, P. P. Singh, B. R. K. Gupta, and M. Kumar, “Temperature and pressure dependence of elastic constants,” High Temperatures—High Pressures, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 199–206, 2001.
- M. Kumar, “Application of high pressure-high temperature equation of state for elastic properties of solids,” Physica B, vol. 311, no. 3-4, pp. 340–347, 2002.
- P. P. Singh and M. Kumar, “Temperature dependence of bulk modulus and second-order elastic constants,” Physica B, vol. 344, no. 1–4, pp. 41–51, 2004.
- M. Joshi and B. R. K. Gupta, Indian Journal of Physics, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 85–87, 2007.
- O. L. Anderson and D. G. Isaak, “The dependence of the Anderson-Grüneisen parameter upon compression at extreme conditions,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 221–227, 1993.
- D. G. Isaak, “High-temperature elasticity of iron-bearing olivines,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 1871–1885, 1992.
- O. L. Anderson and D. G. Isaak, Mineral Physics and Crystallography: A Hand Book of Physical Constants, vol. 2, American Geophysical Union, UCLA Press, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, 1995.
- S. P. Singh, S. Gupta, and S. C. Goyal, “Elastic properties of alkaline earth oxides under high pressure,” Physica B, vol. 391, no. 2, pp. 307–311, 2007.
- T. H. Kwon and S. C. Kim, “Thermal properties of NaCl crystal under high pressure,” Physica B, vol. 205, no. 3-4, pp. 331–334, 1995.
- S. S. Bedi and M. S. Bhangoo, “Temperature and pressure dependence of elastic properties of earth's lower mantle components,” Modern Physics Letters B, vol. 10, no. 15, pp. 697–703, 1996.
- S. S. Badi and M. S. Bhangoo, “Advanced in high pressure res,” in Condensed Matter, pp. 526–531, NISCOM, New Delhi, India, 1997.
- S. S. Badi and M. Kumar, “Temperature dependence of elastic constants: MgO as an example,” High Temperatures—High Pressures, vol. 27-28, pp. 595–598, 1995-1996.
- R. K. Singh, S. S. Mitra, and C. N. Rao, “Temperature variations of the elastic constants of CaF2 and SrF2 crystals,” Physical Review B, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 838–840, 1991.
- O. L. Anderson, Equation of State of Solids for Geophysics and Ceramic Science, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1995.
- I. Suzuki, S. I. Okajima, and K. Seya, “Thermal expansion of single-crystal manganosite,” Journal of Physics of the Earth, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 63–69, 1979.
- P. R. Son and R. A. Bartels, “CaO and SrO single crystal elastic constants and their pressure derivatives,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 819–828, 1972.
- M. Kumar, “High pressure equation of state for solids,” Physica B, vol. 212, no. 4, pp. 391–394, 1995.
- M. Kumar, “Application of high pressure equation of state for different classes of solids,” Physica B, vol. 217, no. 1-2, pp. 143–148, 1996.
- M. Kumar, “Author's reply on the remark of Prieto and Renero on Kumar equation of state,” Physica B, vol. 292, no. 1-2, pp. 173–175, 2000.