- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Physics Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 505091, 5 pages
Spin Polarized Transport in an AC-Driven Quantum Curved Nanowire
1Faculty of Engineering, Ain-Shams University, Cairo 11517, Egypt
2Higher Technological Institute, Ramadan Tenth City 44629, Egypt
Received 17 September 2010; Accepted 20 April 2011
Academic Editor: Neil Sullivan
Copyright © 2011 Walid A. Zein et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Ball, “Meet the spin doctors…,” Nature, vol. 404, no. 6781, pp. 918–920, 2000.
- S. A. Wolf, D. D. Awschalom, R. A. Buhrman et al., “Spintronics: a spin-based electronics vision for the future,” Science, vol. 294, no. 5546, pp. 1488–1495, 2001.
- I. Žutić, J. Fabian, and S. D. Sarma, “Spintronics: fundamentals and applications,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 323–410, 2004.
- E. I. Rashba, “Electron spin operation by electric fields: spin dynamics and spin injection,” Physica E, vol. 20, no. 3-4, pp. 189–195, 2004.
- R. Winkler, Spin-Orbit Coupling Effect in Two Dimensional Electron and Hole Systems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- Z. Li and Z. Yang, “Effects of extended and localized states on spin Hall polarization in ballistic Rashba structures,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 20, Article ID 205322, 2008.
- S. Bellucci and P. Onorato, “Quantum wires as logic operators: XNOR and NOR gate response in a ballistic interferometer,” Physical Review B, vol. 81, no. 16, Article ID 165427, 2010.
- Q. Wang and L. Sheng, “Current induced local spin polarization due to the spin-orbit coupling in a two dimensional narrow strip,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 19, no. 27, pp. 4135–4142, 2005.
- M. Lee, M. O. Hachiya, E. Bernardes, J. C. Egues, and D. Loss, “Spin Hall effect due to intersubband-induced spin-orbit interaction in symmetric quantum wells,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 15, Article ID 155314, 2009.
- V. A. Guzenko, A. Bringer, J. Knobbe, H. Hardtdegen, and T. Schäpers, “Rashba effect in GaInAs/InP quantum wire structures,” Applied Physics A, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 577–584, 2007.
- Th. Schäpers, V. A. Guzenko, A. Bringer, M. Akabori, M. Hagedorn, and H. Hardtdegen, “Spin-orbit coupling in GaxIn1-xAs/InP two-dimensional electron gases and quantum wire structures,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 24, no. 6, Article ID 064001, 2009.
- S. M. Frolov, S. Lüscher, W. Yu, Y. Ren, J. A. Folk, and W. Wegscheider, “Ballistic spin resonance,” Nature, vol. 458, no. 7240, pp. 868–871, 2009.
- A. Tsukernik, A. Palevski, V. J. Goldman, S. Luryi, E. Kapon, and A. Rudra, “Quantum magnetotransport in periodic V-grooved heterojunctions,” Physical Review B, vol. 63, no. 15, Article ID 153315, 4 pages, 2001.
- C. H. L. Quay, T. L. Hughes, J. A. Sulpizio et al., “Observation of a one-dimensional spin-orbit gap in a quantum wire,” Nature Physics, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 336–339, 2010.
- R. C. T. Da Costa, “Constraints in quantum mechanics,” Physical Review A, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 2893–2900, 1982.
- B. K. Nikolić, L. P. Zĝrbo, and S. Welack, “Transverse spin-orbit force in the spin Hall effect in ballistic semiconductor wires,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 7, Article ID 075335, 6 pages, 2005.
- X. Fu, W. Liao, and G. Zhou, “Spin accumulation in a quantum wire with Rashba Spin-Orbit coupling,” Advanced in Condensed Matter Physics, vol. 2008, Article ID 152731, 5 pages, 2008.
- W. A. Zein, A. H. Phillips, and O. A. Omar, “Quantum spin transport in mesoscopic interferometer,” Progress in Physics, vol. 4, pp. 18–21, 2007.
- W. A. Zein, A. H. Phillips, and O. A. Omar, “Spin-coherent transport in mesoscopic interference device,” NANO, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 389–392, 2007.
- W. A. Zein, N. A. Ibrahim, and A. H. Phillips, “Spin-dependent transport through Aharonov-Casher ring irradiated by an electromagnetic field,” Progress in Physics, vol. 4, pp. 78–80, 2010.
- W. A. Zein, A. H. Phillips, and O. A. Omar, “Spin transport in mesoscopic superconducting-ferromagnetic hybrid conductor,” Progress in Physics, vol. 1, pp. 42–46, 2008.
- A. A. Awad Alla, A. H. Aly, and A. H. Phillips, “Electron spin dynamics through ferromagnetic quantum point contact,” International Journal of Nanoscience, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 41–44, 2007.
- S. Takahashi, T. Yamashita, H. Imamura, and S. Maekawa, “Spin-relaxation and magnetoresistance in FM/SC/FM tunnel junctions,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 240, no. 1–3, pp. 100–102, 2002.
- F. M. Souza, “Spin-dependent ringing and beats in a quantum dot system,” Physical Review B, vol. 76, no. 20, Article ID 205315, 2007.
- K. Kobayashi, H. Aikawa, S. Katsumoto, and Y. Iye, “Tuning of the Fano effect through a quantum dot in an Aharonov-Bohm interferometer,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 88, no. 25, Article ID 256806, 4 pages, 2002.
- K. Kobayashi, H. Aikawa, A. Sano, S. Katsumoto, and Y. Iye, “Fano resonance in a quantum wire with a side-coupled quantum dot,” Physical Review B, vol. 70, no. 3, Article ID 035319, 2004.
- A. T. Tilke, F. C. Simmel, H. Lorenz, R. H. Blick, and J. P. Kotthaus, “Quantum interference in a one-dimensional silicon nanowire,” Physical Review B, vol. 68, no. 7, Article ID 075311, 6 pages, 2003.
- S. S. Kwon, W. K. Hong, G. Jo et al., “Piezoelectric effect on the electronic transport characteristics of ZnO nanowire field-effect transistors on bent flexible substrates,” Advanced Materials, vol. 20, no. 23, pp. 4557–4562, 2008.
- W. Wu, S. Bai, N. Cui, et al., “Increasing UV photon response of ZnO sensor with nanowire array,” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 2, pp. 402–406, 2010.