- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Physics Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 583420, 10 pages
Electrical Conductivity and Dielectric Properties of Bulk Glass V2O5 (ZnO, PbO) SrO FeO
1Physics Department, Faculty of Science in Damietta, Mansoura University, Damietta, Egypt
2ME Laboratory, Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Al-Azhar University, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Received 29 October 2010; Accepted 22 February 2011
Academic Editor: Anil Chourasia
Copyright © 2011 M. S. Aziz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Ghosh, “Memory switching in bismuth-vanadate glasses,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 2652–2655, 1988.
- J. Livage, J. P. Jolivet, and E. Tronc, “Electronic properties of mixed valence oxide gels,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 121, no. 1–3, pp. 35–39, 1990.
- Y. Sakurai and J. Yamaki, “V//2O//5-P//2O//5 GLASSES AS CATHODE FOR LITHIUM SECONDARY BATTERY,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 132, no. 2, pp. 512–513, 1985.
- N. Mott, “Conduction in glasses containing transition metal ions,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 1968.
- G. D. Khattak, E. E. Khawaja, L. E. Wenger et al., “Composition-dependent loss of phosphorus in the formation of transition-metal phosphate glasses,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 194, no. 1-2, pp. 1–12, 1996.
- G. D. Khattak and N. Tabet, “Local structure and redox state of vanadium in strontium-vanadate glasses,” Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena, vol. 136, no. 3, pp. 257–264, 2004.
- Y. Dimitriev, V. Dimitrov, M. Arnaudov, and D. Topalov, “IR-spectral study of vanadate vitreous systems,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 147–156, 1983.
- A. C. Wright, C. A. Yarker, P. A. V. Johnson, and R. N. Sinclair, “A neutron diffraction investigation of the structure of phosphorus, barium and lead vanadate glasses,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 76, no. 2-3, pp. 333–350, 1985.
- S. Hayakawa, T. Yoko, and S. Sakka, “Structural studies on alkaline earth vanadate glasses (part 2)—V NMR spectroscopic study -,” Journal of the Ceramic Society of Japan, vol. 102, no. 6, pp. 530–535, 1994.
- M. Nabavi, C. Sanchez, and J. Livage, “Structure and properties of amorphous V2O5,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 941–953, 1991.
- A. C. Wright, Philosophical Magazine, vol. 50, p. 23, 1984.
- M. H. Bhat, M. Kandavel, M. Ganguli, and K. J. Rao, “Li ion conductivities in boro-tellurite glasses,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 189–198, 2004.
- D. P. Almond, A. R. West, and R. J. Grant, “Temperature dependence of the a.c. conductivity of Naβ-alumina,” Solid State Communications, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1277–1280, 1982.
- D. P. Almond, G. K. Duncan, and A. R. West, “The determination of hopping rates and carrier concentrations in ionic conductors by a new analysis of ac conductivity,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 159–164, 1983.
- D. P. Almond, C. C. Hunter, and A. R. West, “The extraction of ionic conductivities and hopping rates from a.c. conductivity data,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 3236–3248, 1984.
- N. F. Mott and E. A. Davis, Electronic Properties in Non—Crystalline Materials, Oxford Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1979.
- S. E. Anderson and R. S. Drago, “The CBH model was introduced by Pike to account for the dielectric loss in scandium oxide,” Physical Review B, vol. 6, p. 1527, 1972.
- S. R. Elliott, “Prediction of pulmonary function abnormalities after adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS),” Advances in Physics, vol. 36, p. 135, 1987.
- M. M. El-Nahass, A. F. El-Deeb, H. E. A. El-Sayed, and A. M. Hassanien, “Electrical conductivity and dielectric properties of bulk glass SeGeAs chalcogenide,” Physica B, vol. 388, no. 1-2, pp. 26–33, 2007.
- J. M. Stevels, in Handbuch der Physik, S. Flugge, Ed., p. 350, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1957.
- N. F. Mott, E. A. Davis, and R. A. Street, “States in the gap and recombination in amorphous semiconductors,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 961–996, 1975.
- M. Kastner, D. Adler, and H. Fritzsche, “Valence-alternation model for localized gap states in lone-pair semiconductors,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 37, no. 22, pp. 1504–1507, 1976.
- K. K. Srivastava, A. Kumar, O. S. Panwar, and K. N. Lakshminarayan, “Dielectric relaxation study of chalcogenide glasses,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 205–224, 1979.
- D. Armitage, D. E. Brodie, and P. C. Eastman, “Switching in amorphous semiconductors,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 48, no. 22, pp. 2780–2782, 1970.
- H. El Mkami, B. Deroide, R. Backov, and J. V. Zanchetta, “Dc and ac Conductivities of (VO)(BO) oxide glasses,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 819–826, 2000.
- K. S. Cole and R. H. Cole, “Dispersion and absorption in dielectrics,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 9, p. 341, 1941.