- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Physics Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 187432, 5 pages
Vector Potential Quantization and the Quantum Vacuum
National Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology, Centre d’Etudes de Saclay (CEA), 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette, France
Received 17 January 2014; Revised 4 June 2014; Accepted 4 June 2014; Published 19 June 2014
Academic Editor: Ali Hussain Reshak
Copyright © 2014 Constantin Meis. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. H. Bransden and C. J. Joachain, Physics of Atoms and Molecules, Longman, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- L. H. Ryder, Quantum Field Theory, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1987.
- H. Haken, Light, North Holland Publishing, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1981.
- A. I. Akhiezer and B. V. Berestetskii, Quantum Electrodynamics, Interscience Publishers, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- P. W. Milonni, The Quantum Vacuum, Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 1994.
- C. P. Enz, “Is the zero-point energy real?” in Physical Reality and Mathematical Description, C. P. Enz and J. Mehra, Eds., Reidel, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1974.
- R. Feynman, The Strange Theory of Light and Matter, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1988.
- S. Weinberg, “The cosmological constant problem,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 1–23, 1989.
- T. Hey, The New Quantum Universe, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2003.
- S. M. Carroll, M. Hoffman, and M. Trodden, “Can the dark energy equation-of-state parameter w be less than −1?” Physical Review D, vol. 68, no. 2, Article ID 023509, 2003.
- V. Fanaoni, “Cumulative author index B701–B703,” Nuclear Physics B, vol. 703, no. 3, pp. 557–558, 2004.
- S. Nojiri and S. D. Odintsov, “Gravity assisted dark energy dominance and cosmic acceleration,” Physics Letters B: Nuclear, Elementary Particle and High-Energy Physics, vol. 599, no. 3-4, pp. 137–142, 2004.
- M. C. B. Abdalla, S. Nojiri, and S. D. Odintsov, “Consistent modified gravity: dark energy, acceleration and the absence of cosmic doomsday,” Classical and Quantum Gravity, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. L35–L42, 2005.
- E. Elizalde, S. Nojiri, S. Odintsov, and P. Wang, “Dark energy: vacuum fluctuations, the effective phantom phase, and holography,” Physical Review D, vol. 71, no. 10, Article ID 103504, 2005.
- J. A. Frieman, M. S. Turner, and D. Huterer, “Dark energy and the accelerating universe,” Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 46, pp. 385–432, 2008.
- A. Silvestri and M. Trodden, “Approaches to understanding cosmic acceleration,” Reports on Progress in Physics, vol. 72, no. 9, Article ID 096901, 2009.
- L. Labun and J. Rafelski, “Vacuum structure and dark energy,” International Journal of Modern Physics D, vol. 19, no. 14, pp. 2299–2304, 2010.
- P. J. E. Peebles and B. Ratra, “The cosmological constant and dark energy,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 559–606, 2003.
- T. Padmanabhan, “Cosmological constant—the weight of the vacuum,” Physics Reports, vol. 380, no. 5-6, pp. 235–320, 2003.
- C. Meis, “Photon wave-particle duality and virtual electromagnetic waves,” Foundations of Physics, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 865–873, 1997.
- M. Weissbluth, Photon—Atom Interactions, Academic Press, 1988.
- P. W. Milonni, “Casimir forces without the vacuum radiation field,” Physical Review A, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 1315–1327, 1982.
- P. Grangier, G. Roger, and A. Aspect, “Experimental evidence for a photon anticorrelation effect on a beam splitter: a new light on single-photon interferences,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 1, no. 4, p. 173, 1986.
- J. C. Garrison and R. Y. . Chiao, Quantum Optics, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2008.
- F. H. Read, Electromagnetic Radiation, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- C. Meis, “Electric potential of the quantum vacuum,” Physics Essays, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 17–18, 2009.
- H. A. Bethe, “The electromagnetic shift of energy levels,” Physical Review, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 339–341, 1947.
- T. A. Welton, “Some observable effects of the quantum-mechanical fluctuations of the electromagnetic field,” Physical Review, vol. 74, no. 9, pp. 1157–1167, 1948.
- R. P. Feynman, The Quantum Theory of Field, Wiley Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1961.