- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Physics Research International
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 587367, 8 pages
Free Convective Fluctuating MHD Flow through Porous Media Past a Vertical Porous Plate with Variable Temperature and Heat Source
Department of Mathematics, I.T.E.R, Siksha “O” Anusandhan University, Khandagiri, Bhubaneswar, Orissa 751030, India
Received 6 October 2013; Revised 22 March 2014; Accepted 6 April 2014; Published 6 May 2014
Academic Editor: Sergey. B. Mirov
Copyright © 2014 A. K. Acharya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. C. Stangeby, “A review of the status of MHD power generation technology including suggestions for a Canadian MHD research program,” UTIAS Review 39, 1974.
- O. A. Lielausis, “Liquid metal magnetohydrodynamics,” Atomic Energy Review, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 527–581, 1975.
- J. C. R. Hunt and R. Moreu, “Liquid metal magnetohydrodynamics with strong magnetic field: a report on Euromech,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 261–288, 1976.
- R. S. Nanda and V. P. Sharma, “Possibility similarity solutions of unsteady free convection flow past a vertical plate with suction,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 1651–1656, 1962.
- S. Ostrach, “New aspects of natural convection heat transfer,” Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, vol. 75, pp. 1287–1290, 1953.
- A. A. Berezovsky, O. G. Martynenko, and Yu. A. Sokovishin, “Free convective heat transfer on a vertical semi infinite plate,” Journal of Engineering Physics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 32–39, 1977.
- O. G. Martynenko, A. A. Berezovsky, and Y. A. Sokovishin, “Laminar free convection from a vertical plate,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 869–881, 1984.
- M. Ferdows, M. A. Sattar, and M. N. A. Siddiki, “Numerical approach on parameters of the thermal radiation interaction with convection in boundary layer flow at a vertical plate with variable suction,” Thammasat International Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 19–28, 2004.
- M. S. Alam, M. M. Rahman, and M. A. Samad, “Dufour and soret effects on unsteady MHD free convection and mass transfer flow past a vertical plate in a porous medium,” Nonlinear Analysis: Modeling and Control, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 217–226, 2006.
- M. K. Majumder and R. K. Deka, “MHD flow past an impulsively started infinite vertical plate in the presence of thermal radiation,” Romanian Journal of Physics, vol. 52, no. 5–7, pp. 565–573, 2007.
- R. Muthucumaraswamy, M. Sundarraj, and V. S. A. Subhramanian, “Unsteady flow past an accelerated infinite vertical plate with variable temperature and uniform mass diffusion,” International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 51–56, 2009.
- G. C. Dash, P. K. Rath, N. Mahapatra, and P. K. Dash, “Free convective MHD flow through porous media of a rotating visco-elastic fluid past an infinite vertical porous plate with heat and mass transfer in the presence of a chemical reaction,” Modelling, Measurement and Control B, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 21–36, 2009.
- S. R. Mishra, G. C. Dash, and M. Acharya, “Free convective fluctuating MHD flow through Porous media past a vertical porous plate with variable temperature,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 433–438, 2013.
- B. P. Acharya and S. Padhy, “Free convective viscous flow along a hot vertical porous plate with periodic temperature,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 838–849, 1983.
- H. Schliting and K. Gersten, Boundary Layer Theory, Springer, London, UK, 1999.