- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 306207, 6 pages
Perspectives of Pulmonologists on the 2009-2010 H1N1 Vaccination Effort
1Child Health Evaluation and Research (CHEAR) Unit, University of Michigan, 300 N Ingalls, Room 6E06, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5456, USA
2Immunization Services Division, NCIRD, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Received 27 September 2011; Accepted 9 November 2011
Academic Editor: Charlie Strange
Copyright © 2012 Sarah J. Clark et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Chan, World now at the start of 2009 influenza pandemic. Statement to the press by WHO Director-General Dr. Margaret Chan, June 2009, http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/statements/2009/h1n1_pandemic_phase6_20090611/en/index.html.
- US Food and Drug Administration. FDA Approves Vaccines for 2009 H1N1 Influenza Virus. Press release, September 2009, http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm182399.htm.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Use of influenza A (H1N1) 2009 monovalent vaccine: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2009,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 58, no. RR-10, pp. 1–8, 2009.
- S. Jain, L. Kamimoto, A. M. Bramley et al., “Hospitalized patients with 2009 H1N1 influenza in the United States, April-June 2009,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 361, no. 20, pp. 1935–1944, 2009.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Hospitalized patients with novel influenza A (H1N1) virus infection—California, April-May, 2009,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 58, no. 19, pp. 536–541, 2009.
- J. K. Louie, M. Acosta, K. Winter et al., “Factors associated with death or hospitalization due to pandemic 2009 influenza A(H1N1) infection in California,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 302, no. 17, pp. 1896–1902, 2009.
- M. H. Rathore, A. Mirza, A. Subedar et al., “Influenza vaccine: awareness and barriers to immunization in families of children with chronic medical conditions other than asthma,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 101, no. 11, pp. 1101–1105, 2008.
- S. K. Gnanasekaran, J. A. Finkelstein, K. Hohman, M. O'Brien, B. Kruskal, and T. A. Lieu, “Parental perspectives on influenza vaccination among children with asthma,” Public Health Reports, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 181–188, 2006.
- M. F. Daley, L. A. Crane, V. Chandramouli et al., “Influenza among healthy young children: changes in parental attitudes and predictors of immunization during the 2003 to 2004 influenza season,” Pediatrics, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. e268–e277, 2006.
- R. C. Chi and K. M. Neuzil, “The association of sociodemographic factors and patient attitudes on influenza vaccination rates in older persons,” American Journal of the Medical Sciences, vol. 327, no. 3, pp. 113–117, 2004.
- J. Skarbinski, S. Jain, A. Bramley et al., “Hospitalized patients with 2009 pandemic influenza a (H1N1) virus infection in the United States-September-October 2009,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 52, supplement 1, pp. S50–S59, 2011.
- A. L. Fowlkes, P. Arguin, M. S. Biggerstaff et al., “Epidemiology of 2009 pandemic influenza a (H1N1) deaths in the United States, April-July 2009,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 52, supplement 1, pp. S60–S68, 2011.
- E. D. Kennedy, T. A. Santibanez, L. N. Bryan et al., “Place of influenza vaccination among adults—United States, 2010-11 influenza season,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 60, no. 23, pp. 781–785, 2011.
- S. M. Schappert and E. A. Rechtsteiner, “Ambulatory medical care utilization estimates for 2007,” Vital and Health Statistics. Series 13, Data from the National Health Survey, no. 169, pp. 1–38, 2011.
- Institute of Medicine (IOM), The 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccination Campaign: Summary of a Workshop Series, The National Academies Press, Washington, DC, USA, 2010.
- S. Lorin, J. Heffner, and S. Carson, “Attitudes and perceptions of internal medicine residents regarding pulmonary and critical care subspecialty training,” Chest, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 630–636, 2005.