- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 872327, 5 pages
Bronchoscopy in Rural Areas?
1Department of Medicine, Helgelandssykehuset Mosjøen, 8661 Mosjøen, Norway
2Department of Anesthesiology, Nordlandssykehuset Bodø, 8092 Bodø, Norway
3University of Nordland, Faculty of Professional Studies, 8049 Bodø, Norway
4University of Tromsø, Institute of Clinical Medicine, 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Received 31 July 2011; Accepted 6 November 2011
Academic Editor: Hisako Matsumoto
Copyright © 2012 Reidar Berntsen and Erik Waage Nielsen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Honeybourne, “British thoracic society (BTS) guidelines on diagnostic flexible bronchoscopy,” Thorax, vol. 56, supplement 1, no. 1, pp. 1–21, 2001.
- K. Rooth, J. A. Hardie, A. H. Andreassen, F. Leh, and T. M. L. Eagan, “Predictors of diagnostic yield in bronchoscopy: a retrospective cohort study comparing different combinations of sampling techniques,” BMC Pulmonary Medicine, vol. 26, article 2, pp. 8–22, 2008.
- A. N. McLean, P. D. Semple, D. H. Franklin, G. Petrie, E. A. Millar, and J. G. Douglas, “The Scottish multi-centre prospective study of bronchoscopy for bronchial carcinoma and suggested audit standards,” Respiratory Medicine, vol. 92, no. 9, pp. 1110–1115, 1998.
- M. McMahon, J. M. Barbiere, D. C. Greenberg, K. A. Wright, and G. Lyratzopoulos, “Population-based trends in use of surgery for non-small cell lung cancer in a UK region, 1995–2006,” Thorax, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 453–455, 2011.
- R. K. Albert, S. G. Spiro, and J. R. Jett, Clinical Respiratory Medicine, 2nd edition, 2004.
- M. F. Muers, B. G. Higgins, I. D.A. Johnston, M. Rudolf, and S. J. Pearce, “BTS recommendations to respiratory physicians for organising the care of patients with lung cancer,” Thorax, vol. 53, supplement 1, pp. S1–S8, 1998.
- E.-R. Salomaa, S. Sällinen, H. Hiekkanen, and K. Liippo, “Delays in the diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer,” Chest, vol. 128, no. 4, pp. 2282–2288, 2005.