- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 867678, 13 pages
Molecular Characterization of the Tumor Suppressor Candidate 5 Gene: Regulation by PPAR and Identification of TUSC5 Coding Variants in Lean and Obese Humans
1Obesity & Metabolism Research Unit, USDA-Agricultural Research Service Western Human Nutrition Research Center, Davis, CA 95616, USA
2Department of Biological Sciences, Department of Biophysics and Chemical Biology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151-742, South Korea
3Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Canada K1H 8L1
4Graduate Schools of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
5Department of Pathology, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60208, USA
6Division of Advanced Therapeutics for Metabolic Diseases, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai 980-8576, Japan
7Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
8Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
9Institute National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale (INSERM) UMR 626, 13385 Marseille and Faculté de Médecine, Université de la Méditerranée, Marseille, France
10Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Received 28 August 2009; Accepted 13 November 2009
Academic Editor: Dipak Panigrahy
Copyright © 2009 Trina A. Knotts et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Markus Sallman Almen, Nathalie Bringeland, Robert Fredriksson, and Helgi B. Schioth, “The Dispanins: A Novel Gene Family of Ancient Origin That Contains 14 Human Members,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 2, 2012.
- Tamara N. Dunn, and Sean H. Adams, “Relations between Metabolic Homeostasis, Diet, and Peripheral Afferent Neuron Biology,” Advances in Nutrition, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 386–393, 2014.
- Nigel Beaton, Carla Rudigier, Hansjörg Moest, Sebastian Mueller, Nadja Mrosek, Eva Roeder, Gottfried Rudofsky, Thomas Rülicke, Jozef Ukropec, Barbara Ukropcova, Robert Augustin, Heike Neubauer, and Christian Wolfrum, “TUSC5 regulates insulin-mediated adipose tissue glucose uptake by modulation of GLUT4 recycling,” Molecular Metabolism, 2015.
- Tamara N. Dunn, Tasuku Akiyama, Hyun Woo Lee, Jae Bum Kim, Trina A. Knotts, Steven R. Smith, Dorothy D. Sears, Earl Carstens, and Sean H. Adams, “Evaluation of the Synuclein-gamma (SNCG) Gene as a PPAR gamma Target in Murine Adipocytes, Dorsal Root Ganglia Somatosensory Neurons, and Human Adipos,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 3, 2015.
- Celine Aguer, Colin S. McCoin, Trina A. Knotts, A. Brianne Thrush, Kikumi Ono-Moore, Ruth McPherson, Robert Dent, Daniel H. Hwang, Sean H. Adams, and Mary-Ellen Harper, “Acylcarnitines: potential implications for skeletal muscle insulin resistance,” Faseb Journal, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 336–345, 2015.