- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 310948, 10 pages
PPARγ Regulates Genes Involved in Triacylglycerol Synthesis and Secretion in Mammary Gland Epithelial Cells of Dairy Goats
Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Agriculture, College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A&F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
Received 9 December 2012; Revised 3 February 2013; Accepted 12 March 2013
Academic Editor: Juan J. Loor
Copyright © 2013 Hengbo Shi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Wan, A. Saghatelian, L. W. Chong, C. L. Zhang, B. F. Cravatt, and R. M. Evans, “Maternal PPARγ protects nursing neonates by suppressing the production of inflammatory milk,” Genes and Development, vol. 21, no. 15, pp. 1895–1908, 2007.
- M. Bionaz and J. J. Loor, “ACSL1, AGPAT6, FABP3, LPIN1, and SLC27A6 are the most abundant isoforms in bovine mammary tissue and their expression is affected by stage of lactation,” The Journal of Nutrition, vol. 138, no. 6, pp. 1019–1024, 2008.
- M. Bionaz and J. J. Loor, “Gene networks driving bovine milk fat synthesis during the lactation cycle,” BMC Genomics, vol. 9, no. 1, article 366, 2008.
- H. R. Kast-Woelbern, S. L. Dana, R. M. Cesario et al., “Rosiglitazone induction of Insig-1 in white adipose tissue reveals a novel interplay of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ and sterol regulatory element-binding protein in the regulation of adipogenesis,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 279, no. 23, pp. 23908–23915, 2004.
- A. K. G. Kadegowda, M. Bionaz, L. S. Piperova, R. A. Erdman, and J. J. Loor, “Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ activation and long-chain fatty acids alter lipogenic gene networks in bovine mammary epithelial cells to various extents,” Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 92, no. 9, pp. 4276–4289, 2009.
- O. Mani, M. T. Sorensen, K. Sejrsen, R. M. Bruckmaier, and C. Albrecht, “Differential expression and localization of lipid transporters in the bovine mammary gland during the pregnancy-lactation cycle,” Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 92, no. 8, pp. 3744–3756, 2009.
- M. Bionaz, K. Periasamy, S. L. Rodriguez-Zas et al., “Old and new stories: revelations from functional analysis of the bovine mammary transcriptome during the lactation cycle,” PLoS One, vol. 7, no. 3, Article ID e33268, 2012.
- R. Zou, G. Xu, X. C. Liu et al., “PPARγ agonists inhibit TGF-β-PKA signaling in glomerulosclerosis,” Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 43–50, 2010.
- Z. Wang, J. Luo, W. Wang, W. Zhao, and X. Lin, “Characterization and culture of isolated primary dairy goat mammary gland epithelial cells,” Chinese Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1123–1127, 2010.
- J. Luo, Z. L. Deng, X. Luo et al., “A protocol for rapid generation of recombinant adenoviruses using the AdEasy system,” Nature Protocols, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 1236–1247, 2007.
- P. Ostapchuk and P. Hearing, “Control of adenovirus packaging,” Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 25–35, 2005.
- D. Gou, T. Weng, Y. Wang et al., “A novel approach for the construction of multiple shRNA expression vectors,” The Journal of Gene Medicine, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 751–763, 2007.
- L. Ramunno, G. Cosenza, A. Rando et al., “Comparative analysis of gene sequence of goat CSN1S1 F and N alleles and characterization of CSN1S1 transcript variants in mammary gland,” Gene, vol. 345, no. 2, pp. 289–299, 2005.
- M. Bionaz, C. R. Baumrucker, E. Shirk, J. P. Vanden Heuvel, E. Block, and G. A. Varga, “Short communication: characterization of Madin-Darby bovine kidney cell line for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors: temporal response and sensitivity to fatty acids,” Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 91, no. 7, pp. 2808–2813, 2008.
- M. Bionaz and J. J. Loor, “Identification of reference genes for quantitative real-time PCR in the bovine mammary gland during the lactation cycle,” Physiological Genomics, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 312–319, 2007.
- M. Lehrke and M. A. Lazar, “The many faces of PPARγ,” Cell, vol. 123, no. 6, pp. 993–999, 2005.
- P. Tontonoz and B. M. Spiegelman, “Fat and beyond: the diverse biology of PPARγ,” Annual Review of Biochemistry, vol. 77, pp. 289–312, 2008.
- K. L. Houseknecht, B. M. Cole, and P. J. Steele, “Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARγ) and its ligands: a review,” Domestic Animal Endocrinology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 1–23, 2002.
- G. Lee, F. Elwood, J. McNally et al., “T0070907, a selective ligand for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ, functions as an antagonist of biochemical and cellular activities,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 277, no. 22, pp. 19649–19657, 2002.
- J. M. Way, W. W. Harrington, K. K. Brown et al., “Comprehensive messenger ribonucleic acid profiling reveals that peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ activation has coordinate effects on gene expression in multiple insulin-sensitive tissues,” Endocrinology, vol. 142, no. 3, pp. 1269–1277, 2001.
- M. Kolak, H. Yki-Järvinen, K. Kannisto et al., “Effects of chronic rosiglitazone therapy on gene expression in human adipose tissue in vivo in patients with type 2 diabetes,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 720–724, 2007.
- M. Kawai and C. J. Rosen, “PPARγ: a circadian transcription factor in adipogenesis and osteogenesis,” Nature Reviews Endocrinology, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 629–636, 2010.
- L. Ma and B. A. Corl, “Transcriptional regulation of lipid synthesis in bovine mammary epithelial cells by sterol regulatory element binding protein-1,” Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 95, no. 7, pp. 3743–3755, 2012.
- A. Chawla, W. A. Boisvert, C. H. Lee et al., “A PPARγ-LXR-ABCA1 pathway in macrophages is involved in cholesterol efflux and atherogenesis,” Molecular Cell, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 161–171, 2001.
- J. W. McFadden and B. A. Corl, “Activation of liver X receptor (LXR) enhances de novo fatty acid synthesis in bovine mammary epithelial cells,” Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 93, no. 10, pp. 4651–4658, 2010.
- B. B. Lowell, “PPARγ: an essential regulator of adipogenesis and modulator of fat cell function,” Cell, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 239–242, 1999.
- B. Fan, S. Ikuyama, J. Q. Gu et al., “Oleic acid-induced ADRP expression requires both AP-1 and PPAR response elements, and is reduced by Pycnogenol through mRNA degradation in NMuLi liver cells,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 297, no. 1, pp. E112–E123, 2009.
- B. König, A. Koch, J. Spielmann et al., “Activation of PPARα and PPARγ reduces triacylglycerol synthesis in rat hepatoma cells by reduction of nuclear SREBP-1,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 605, no. 1–3, pp. 23–30, 2009.
- M. Bionaz, K. Periasamy, S. L. Rodriguez-Zas, W. L. Hurley, and J. J. Loor, “A novel dynamic impact approach (DIA) for functional analysis of time-course Omics studies: validation using the bovine mammary transcriptome,” PLoS One, vol. 7, no. 3, Article ID e32455, 2012.
- K. Wilken-Jensen, “Nutrition. Goat's milk can be extremely beneficial in cow's milk allergy,” Sygeplejersken, vol. 84, no. 50, pp. 23–24, 1984.
- W. E. Ackerman, X. L. Zhang, B. H. Rovin, and D. A. Kniss, “Modulation of cytokine-induced cyclooxygenase 2 expression by PPARG ligands through NFκB signal disruption in human WISH and amnion cells,” Biology of Reproduction, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 527–535, 2005.