- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pathology Research International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 306921, 3 pages
Primary Small Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma of Vagina: A Rare Case Report
1Department of Pathology, GMERES Medical College Sola, B-37, Marutinandan Vihar Bungalows, Near Aarohi Villa, S.P. Ring Road, Bopal, Ahmedabad 380058, India
2Department of Pathology, C.U. Shah Medical College & Hospital, Surendranagar 363001, Gujarat, India
Received 1 February 2011; Revised 26 July 2011; Accepted 30 July 2011
Academic Editor: Helmut Denk
Copyright © 2011 Jignasa N. Bhalodia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Singh, H. Singh, C. Leong, R. Hwang, and W. I. Noguera, “Vaginal small cell carcinoma: case report and review of literature,” New York Medical Journal, 2008, http://newyorkmedicaljournal.org/1/Articles/singh4-08.htm.
- W. A. Peters III, N. B. Kumar, and G. W. Morley, “Carcinoma of the vagina. Factors influencing treatment outcome,” Cancer, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 892–897, 1985.
- C. J. Prasad, J. A. Ray, and S. Kessler, “Primary small cell carcinoma of the vagina arising in a background of atypical adenosis,” Cancer, vol. 70, no. 10, pp. 2484–2487, 1992.
- Z. Bing, L. Levine, J. A. Lucci, S. S. Hatch, and M. A. Eltorky, “Primary small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the vagina: a clinicopathologic study,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 128, no. 8, pp. 857–862, 2004.
- W. Chafe, “Neuroepithelial small cell carcinoma of the vagina,” Cancer, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 1948–1951, 1989.
- R. E. Joseph, M. H. Enghardt, D. L. Doering, B. F. Brown, D. W. Shaffer, and H. B. Raval, “Small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the vagina,” Cancer, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 784–789, 1992.
- A. Kasprzak, M. Zabel, and W. Biczysko, “Selected markers (chromogranin A, neuron-specific enolase, synaptophysin, protein gene product 9.5) in diagnosis and prognosis of neuroendocrine pulmonary tumours,” Polish Journal of Pathology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 23–33, 2007.
- R. V. Lloyd, “The neuroendocrine and paracrine system,” in Sternberg 's Diagnostic Surgical Pathology, S. E. Mills, D. Carter, V. E. Reuter, J. K. Greenson, M. H. Stoler, and H. A. Oberman, Eds., pp. 507–519, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 2004.
- M. Dhingra, A. Agarwal, S. Kaushik, and S. N. Singh, “Small-cell neuroendocrine tumor of larynx: a rare presentation,” Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 63–64, 2008.