- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pathology Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 672710, 5 pages
Outcomes in Ovarian Cancer among Hispanic Women Living in the United States: A Population-Based Analysis
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Received 8 May 2012; Revised 1 July 2012; Accepted 2 July 2012
Academic Editor: Paulette Mhawech-Fauceglia
Copyright © 2013 Okechukwu A. Ibeanu and Teresa P. Díaz-Montes. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. C. Nasca and H. Pastides, Eds., Fundamentals of Cancer Epidemiology, Jones and Bartlett, Sudbury, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 2008.
- R. Siegel, D. Naishadham, and A. Jemal, “Cancer Statistics 2012,” CA—A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 62, pp. 10–29, 2012.
- “Cancer Statistics,” American Cancer Society, 2008.
- D. Badgwell and R. C. Bast, “Early detection of ovarian cancer,” Disease Markers, vol. 23, no. 5-6, pp. 397–410, 2007.
- L. Ries, D. Melbert, M. Krapcho, et al., “SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975,” National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Md, USA, 2005, http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2005/.
- “United States Cancer Statistics: 1999–2005 Incidence and Mortality Web-based Report. Atlanta,” U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute, 2009, http://www.cdc.gov/uscs.
- I. De Alba and J. M. Sweningson, “English proficiency and physicians' recommendation of Pap smears among Hispanics,” Cancer Detection and Prevention, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 292–296, 2006.
- “Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER*Stat Database: Incidence-SEER 12 Regs Public-Use. November 2007 Sub (1973–2005),” National Cancer Institute, 2008, http://www.seer.cancer.gov/.
- A. Fritz, C. Percy, A. Jack, et al., Eds., International Classification of Diseases for Oncology, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 3rd edition, 2000.
- K. P. Derose, J. J. Escarce, and N. Lurie, “Immigrants and health care: sources of vulnerability,” Health Affairs, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1258–1268, 2007.
- M. Schiff, T. M. Becker, H. O. Smith, F. D. Gilliland, and C. R. Key, “Ovarian cancer incidence and mortality in American Indian, Hispanic, and non-Hispanic white women in New Mexico,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 323–327, 1996.
- J. N. Weitzel, V. Lagos, K. R. Blazer et al., “Prevalence of BRCA mutations and founder effect in high-risk Hispanic families,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 1666–1671, 2005.
- D. Torres, M. U. Rashid, F. Gil et al., “High proportion of BRCA1/2 founder mutations in Hispanic breast/ovarian cancer families from Colombia,” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 225–232, 2007.
- S. M. Eisenkop, N. M. Spirtos, and W. C. M. Lin, “"Optimal" cytoreduction for advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: a commentary,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 329–335, 2006.
- J. K. Chan, M. Zhang, J. M. Hu, J. Y. Shin, K. Osann, and D. S. Kapp, “Racial disparities in surgical treatment and survival of epithelial ovarian cancer in United States,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 103–107, 2008.