- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pain Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 507029, 10 pages
Glutamate Transporter GLT-1 Upregulation Attenuates Visceral Nociception and Hyperalgesia via Spinal Mechanisms Not Related to Anti-Inflammatory or Probiotic Effects
1Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
2Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
3The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
4Department of Oral Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Received 16 July 2011; Accepted 12 September 2011
Academic Editor: Anna Maria Aloisi
Copyright © 2011 Y. Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Robert D. Dayton, David B. Wang, and Ronald L. Klein, “The advent of AAV9 expands applications for brain and spinal cord gene delivery,” Expert Opinion On Biological Therapy, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 757–766, 2012.
- Angela MacAluso, Saul Collini, Matteo Bernabucci, Angela Trabucco, Ludovico Ciolli, Fabiana Troisi, Rossella Baldini, Roberto Gradini, Giuseppe Battaglia, and Ferdinando Nicoletti, “Analgesic effect of a single preoperative dose of the antibiotic ceftriaxone in humans,” Journal of Pain, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 604–612, 2013.
- John J. Halperin, Phillip Baker, and Gary P. Wormser, “Common Misconceptions About Lyme Disease,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 126, no. 3, 2013.
- K. Roman, M. Yang, and Robert L. Stephens, “Characterization of the Visceral Antinociceptive Effect of Glial Glutamate Transporter GLT-1 Upregulation by Ceftriaxone,” ISRN Pain, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Mark A. Ware, and Gary J. Bennett, “Case report: Long-standing complex regional pain syndrome relieved by a cephalosporin antibiotic,” Pain, vol. 155, no. 7, pp. 1412–1415, 2014.
- Radica M. Stepanovic-Petrovic, Ana M. Micov, Maja A. Tomic, Jovana M. Kovacevic, and Bogdan D. Boskovic, “Antihyperalgesic/Antinociceptive Effects of Ceftriaxone and Its Synergistic Interactions with Different Analgesics in Inflammatory Pain in Rodents,” Anesthesiology, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 737–750, 2014.
- Marcio Matos Coelho, “Drug Repositioning: Playing Dirty to Kill Pain,” Cns Drugs, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 45–61, 2014.
- Wim Vermeulen, Joris G. De Man, and Paul A. Pelckmans, “Neuroanatomy of lower gastrointestinal pain disorders,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 1005–1020, 2014.