- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pain Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 140832, 15 pages
Early Life Adversity as a Risk Factor for Fibromyalgia in Later Life
Alan Edwards Centre for Research on Pain, McGill University, 3640 University Street, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2B2
Received 27 April 2011; Accepted 25 July 2011
Academic Editor: Charles Vierck
Copyright © 2012 Lucie A. Low and Petra Schweinhardt. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Thomas Buchheit, Thomas Van de Ven, and Andrew Shaw, “Epigenetics and the Transition from Acute to Chronic Pain,” Pain Medicine, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1474–1490, 2012.
- Nada Lukkahatai, Benjamin Majors, Swarnalatha Reddy, Brian Walitt, and Leorey N. Saligan, “Gene expression profiles of fatigued fibromyalgia patients with different categories of pain and catastrophizing: A preliminary report,” Nursing Outlook, 2013.
- Randy Neblett, Howard Cohen, YunHee Choi, Meredith M. Hartzell, Mark Williams, Tom G. Mayer, and Robert J. Gatchel, “The Central Sensitization Inventory (CSI): Establishing Clinically Significant Values for Identifying Central Sensitivity Syndromes in an Outpatient Chronic Pain Sample,” The Journal of Pain, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 438–445, 2013.
- G. Pickering, and B. Laurent, “Memory of pain,” Douleur et Analgesie, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 38–44, 2013.
- Natalia V. Chistiakova, Elena A. Sergienko, and Kirill V. Savost'ianov, “Common variants of the mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptor genes may contribute to pregnancy-related anxiety: a pilot study,” Central European Journal Of Medicine, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 117–124, 2013.
- Pedro Alvarez, Paul G. Green, and Jon D. Levine, “Stress in the Adult Rat Exacerbates Muscle Pain Induced by Early-Life Stress,” Biological Psychiatry, vol. 74, no. 9, pp. 688–695, 2013.
- Nikita N. Burke, Ricardo Llorente, Eva M. Marco, Kezanne Tong, David P. Finn, Maria-Paz Viveros, and Michelle Roche, “Maternal Deprivation Is Associated With Sex-Dependent Alterations in Nociceptive Behavior and Neuroinflammatory Mediators in the Rat Following Peripheral Nerve Injury,” Journal of Pain, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1173–1184, 2013.
- Ana Paula Mezacaza Filippon, Diego Garcia Bassani, Rogério Wolf de Aguiar, and Lúcia Helena Freitas Ceitlin, “Association between childhood trauma and loss of functionality in adult women with fibromyalgia,” Trends in Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 46–54, 2013.
- A. Borsini, N. Hepgul, V. Mondelli, T. Chalder, and C. M. Pariante, “Childhood stressors in the development of fatigue syndromes: a review of the past 20 years of research,” Psychological Medicine, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 1809–1823, 2014.
- Verónica Vitriol, Alfredo Cancino, Kristina Weil, Carolina Salgado, Maria Andrea Asenjo, and Soledad Potthoff, “Depression and Psychological Trauma: An Overview Integrating Current Research and Specific Evidence of Studies in the Treatment of Depression in Public Mental Health Services in Chile,” Depression Research and Treatment, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Randy Neblett, Meredith M. Hartzell, Howard Cohen, Tom G. Mayer, Mark Williams, YunHee Choi, and Robert J. Gatchel, “Ability of the Central Sensitization Inventory to Identify Central Sensitivity Syndromes in an Outpatient Chronic Pain Sample,” Clinical Journal Of Pain, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 323–332, 2015.