- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pain Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 256024, 6 pages
Sarcoidosis and Pain Caused by Small-Fiber Neuropathy
1Department of Anesthesiology, Leiden University Medical Center, P5Q, Postbus 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
2Department of Neurology, Diaconessenhuis Leiden, Leiden, The Netherlands
Received 29 June 2012; Accepted 1 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jeffrey J. Borckardt
Copyright © 2012 Lara Heij et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Peter Korsten, and Mehdi Mirsaeidi, “Nonsteroidal therapy of sarcoidosis,” Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 516–523, 2013.
- Albert Dahan, Ann Dunne, Maarten Swartjes, Paolo L. Proto, Lara Heij, Oscar Vogels, Monique van Velzen, Elise Sarton, Marieke Niesters, Martijn R. Tannemaat, Anthony Cerami, and Michael Brines, “ARA 290 Improves Symptoms in Patients with Sarcoidosis-Associated Small Nerve Fiber Loss and Increases Corneal Nerve Fiber Density,” Molecular Medicine, vol. 19, pp. 334–345, 2013.
- Stephen G. Waxman, Kim Bekelaar, Ingemar S. J. Merkies, Monique M. Gerrits, Janneke G. J. Hoeijmakers, Jianying Huang, Yang Yang, Peng Zhao, Sulayman D. Dib-Hajj, and Catharina G. Faber, “Small-Fiber Neuropathy Na(v)1.8 Mutation Shifts Activation to Hyperpolarized Potentials and Increases Excitability of Dorsal Root Ganglion Neurons,” Journal Of Neuroscience, vol. 33, no. 35, pp. 14087–14097, 2013.
- Monique van Velzen, Lara Heij, Marieke Niesters, Anthony Cerami, Ann Dunne, and Michael Brines, “ARA 290 for treatment of small fiber neuropathy in sarcoidosis,” Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 541–550, 2014.
- Thomas E. Wessendorf, Francesco Bonella, and Ulrich Costabel, “Diagnosis of Sarcoidosis,” Clinical Reviews In Allergy & Immunology, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 54–62, 2015.
- William R. Munday, Jennifer McNiff, Kalman Watsky, Daniel DiCapua, and Anjela Galan, “Perineural granulomas in cutaneous sarcoidosis may be associated with sarcoidosis small-fiber neuropathy,” Journal Of Cutaneous Pathology, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 465–470, 2015.
- Francesca Bagnato, and Barney J. Stern, “Neurosarcoidosis: diagnosis, therapy and biomarkers,” Expert Review Of Neurotherapeutics, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 533–548, 2015.
- Hiroaki Saito, Tetsuo Yamaguchi, Yuta Adachi, Takaaki Yamashita, Yoko Wakai, Kazuhito Saito, Yoko Shinohara, Keiko Suzuki, Soroku Yagihashi, Jiro Terada, and Koichiro Tatsumi, “Neurological Symptoms of Sarcoidosis-induced Small Fiber Neuropathy Effectively Relieved with High-dose Steroid Pulse Therapy,” Internal Medicine, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 1281–1286, 2015.