- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pain Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 486590, 9 pages
Fibromyalgia and Depression
1Center for Neurosensory Disorders, University of North Carolina, CBNo.7280, 3330 Thurston Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
2Alan Edwards Centre for Research on Pain, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
3Integrated Program in Neuroscience, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
4Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
5Department of Neurology & Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Received 2 May 2011; Accepted 30 September 2011
Academic Editor: Petra Schweinhardt
Copyright © 2012 Richard H. Gracely et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Charles Van Liew, Kimberly C. Brown, Terry A. Cronan, and Silvia M. Bigatti, “The Effects of Self-Efficacy on Depression and Pain in Fibromyalgia Syndrome: Does Initial Depression Matter?,” Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 113–125, 2013.
- Peter D. Drummond, and Margot Willox, “Painful effects of auditory startle, forehead cooling and psychological stress in patients with fibromyalgia or rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Psychosomatic Research, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 378–383, 2013.
- Meltem Vural, Tonguc Demir Berkol, Zeynep Erdogdu, Batuhan Kucukserat, and Cihan Aksoy, “Evaluation of personality profile in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome and healthy controls,” Modern Rheumatology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 823–828, 2014.
- S. Mario Campero, “¿Es posible objetivar el dolor?,” Revista Médica Clínica Las Condes, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 602–609, 2014.
- Guillaume Airagnes, Dominique Tripodi, and Audrey Petit Le Manac’h, “Douleur chronique : la place du psychiatre,” Annales Médico-psychologiques, revue psychiatrique, 2014.
- Irene Jimenez-Rodriguez, Juan Miguel Garcia-Leiva, Beatriz M. Jimenez-Rodriguez, Emilia Condes-Moreno, Fernando Rico-Villademoros, and Elena P. Calandre, “Suicidal ideation and the risk of suicide in patients with fibromyalgia: a comparison with non-pain controls and patients suffering from low-back pain,” Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment, vol. 10, pp. 625–630, 2014.
- Meng-Han Chang, Ju-Wei Hsu, Kai-Lin Huang, Tung-Ping Su, Ya-Mei Bai, Cheng-Ta Li, Albert C. Yang, Wen-Han Chang, Tzeng-Ji Chen, Shih-Jen Tsai, and Mu-Hong Chen, “Bidirectional Association Between Depression and Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Nationwide Longitudinal Study,” Journal Of Pain, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 895–902, 2015.
- Kirsten R. Ambrose, and Yvonne M. Golightly, “Physical exercise as non-pharmacological treatment of chronic pain: Why and when,” Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology, 2015.
- M. C. Bushnell, L. K. Case, M. Ceko, V. A. Cotton, J. L. Gracely, L. A. Low, M. H. Pitcher, and C. Villemure, “Effect of environment on the long-term consequences of chronic pain,” Pain, vol. 156, no. 4, pp. S42–S49, 2015.
- P. A. Kudlow, J. D. Rosenblat, C. R. Weissman, D. S. Cha, R. Kakar, R. S. McIntyre, and V. Sharma, “Prevalence of fibromyalgia and co-morbid bipolar disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” Journal Of Affective Disorders, vol. 188, pp. 134–142, 2015.
- Natoshia Raishevich Cunningham, Susan T. Tran, Anne M. Lynch-Jordan, Tracy V. Ting, Soumitri Sil, Daniel Strotman, Jennie G. Noll, Scott W. Powers, Lesley M. Arnold, and Susmita Kashikar-Zuck, “Psychiatric Disorders in Young Adults Diagnosed with Juvenile Fibromyalgia in Adolescence,” Journal Of Rheumatology, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 2427–2433, 2015.
- Ibrahim Taymur, Kadir Ozdel, Ibrahim Gundogdu, Canan Efe, Riza Gokcer Tulaci, and Aysegul Kervancioglu, “Personality-related core beliefs in patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia plus depression: A comparison with depressed and healthy control groups,” Nordic Journal Of Psychiatry, vol. 69, no. 5, pp. 386–391, 2015.