- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pain Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 584573, 8 pages
The Prevalence of Fibromyalgia in Other Chronic Pain Conditions
Section of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, One Illini Drive, Peoria, IL 61605, USA
Received 3 May 2011; Accepted 15 August 2011
Academic Editor: Mary-Ann Fitzcharles
Copyright © 2012 Muhammad B. Yunus. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [34 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- George A. Karpouzas, Soha Dolatabadi, Rosalinda Moran, Ning Li, Perry M. Nicassio, and Michael H. Weisman, “Correlates and predictors of disability in vulnerable US Hispanics with rhe umatoid arthritis,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 1274–1281, 2012.
- Susan L. Murphy, Kristine Phillips, David A. Williams, and Daniel J. Clauw, “The Role of the Central Nervous System in Osteoarthritis Pain and Implications for Rehabilitation,” Current Rheumatology Reports, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 576–582, 2012.
- Yesim Akyol, Berna Tander, Ahmet Salim Goktepe, Ismail Safaz, Omer Kuru, and Arif Kenan Tan, “The Relationship of Fibromyalgia Syndrome with Neuropathic Pain, Quality of Life and Emotional Status in Male Traumatic Lower Limb Amputees,” Journal Of Musculoskeletal Pain, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 87–94, 2012.
- Ami D. Sperber, and Douglas A. Drossman, “Irritable bowel syndrome: A multidimensional disorder cannot be understood or treated from a unidimensional perspective,” Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 387–393, 2012.
- Juan Enrique Blümel, Santiago Palacios, Deborah Legorreta, María Soledad Vallejo, and Salvador Sarra, “Is fibromyalgia part of the climacteric syndrome?,” Maturitas, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 87–93, 2012.
- Ruth Ann Marrie, Bo Nancy Yu, Stella Leung, Lawrence Elliott, Sharon Warren, Christina Wolfson, Helen Tremlett, James Blanchard, and John D. Fisk, “The incidence and prevalence of fibromyalgia are higher in multiple sclerosis than the general population: A population-based study,” Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 162–167, 2012.
- Robert J. Schwartzman, “Systemic Complications of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome,” Neuroscience & Medicine, vol. 03, no. 03, pp. 225–242, 2012.
- Ilanit Stern, and Martin S. Greenberg, “Clinical assessment of patients with orofacial pain and temporomandibular disorders,” Dental Clinics of North America, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 393–404, 2013.
- Sharon Saa'd, Ariel Many, Giris Jacob, and Jacob N. Ablin, “High prevalence of fibromyalgia symptoms among healthy full-term pregnant w omen,” Rheumatology International, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1555–1560, 2013.
- Yvonne C. Lee, Bing Lu, Gilles Boire, Boulos (Paul) Haraoui, Carol A. Hitchon, Janet E. Pope, J. Carter Thorne, Edward Clark Keystone, Daniel H. Solomon, and Vivian P. Bykerk, “Incidence and predictors of secondary fibromyalgia in an early arthritis co hort,” Annals of The Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 949–954, 2013.
- Randy Neblett, Howard Cohen, YunHee Choi, Meredith M. Hartzell, Mark Williams, Tom G. Mayer, and Robert J. Gatchel, “The Central Sensitization Inventory (CSI): Establishing Clinically Significant Values for Identifying Central Sensitivity Syndromes in an Outpatient Chronic Pain Sample,” The Journal of Pain, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 438–445, 2013.
- Jarred Younger, Noorulain Noor, Rebecca Mccue, and Sean Mackey, “Low-Dose Naltrexone for the Treatment of Fibromyalgia,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 529–538, 2013.
- Sami Küçüksen, Emine Genç, Halim Yilmaz, Ali Salli, Ilknur Albayrak Gezer, Ali Yavuz Karahan, Ender Salbas, Havva Turaç Cingöz, Ömer Nas, and Hatice Ugurlu, “The prevalence of fibromyalgia and its relation with headache characteristics in episodic migraine,” Clinical Rheumatology, 2013.
- M. Garcia Carrasco, C. Mendoza Pinto, A. Lopez Colombo, S. Mendez Martinez, R. Andari Sawaya, M. Munoz Guarneros, L. Vazquez de Lara, M. Lescas Hernandez, A. Montiel Jarquin, G. Ramos Alvarez, and M. Schmulson, “Irritable bowel syndrome-type symptoms in female patients with mild systemic lupus erythematosus: frequency, related factors and quality of life,” Neurogastroenterology and Motility, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 958–966, 2013.
- Luis Rodrigo, Ignacio Blanco, Julio Bobes, and Frederick J. de Serres, “Clinical impact of a gluten-free diet on health-related quality of life in seven fibromyalgia syndrome patients with associated celiac disease,” Bmc Gastroenterology, vol. 13, 2013.
- Luis Rodrigo, Ignacio Blanco, Julio Bobes, and Frederick J. de Serres, “Remarkable prevalence of coeliac disease in patients with irritable bowel syndrome plus fibromyalgia in comparison with those with isolated irritable bowel syndrome: a case-finding study,” Arthritis Research & Therapy, vol. 15, no. 6, 2013.
- Bjorn Svensson, Maria L. E. Andersson, Sidona-Valentina Bala, Kristina Forslind, and Ingiald Hafstrom, “Long-term sustained remission in a cohort study of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: choice of remission criteria,” Bmj Open, vol. 3, no. 9, 2013.
- Kevin V. Hackshaw, Luis Rodriguez-Saona, Marçal Plans, Lauren N. Bell, and C. A. Tony Buffington, “A bloodspot-based diagnostic test for fibromyalgia syndrome and related disorders,” The Analyst, vol. 138, no. 16, pp. 4453, 2013.
- Robert M. Bennett, Ronald Friend, Dawn Marcus, Cheryl Bernstein, Bobby Kwanghoon Han, Ralph Yachoui, Atul Deodhar, Alan Kaell, Peter Bonafede, Allan Chino, and Kim D. Jones, “Criteria for the Diagnosis of Fibromyalgia: Validation of the Modified 2010 Preliminary American College of Rheumatology Criteria and the Development of Alternative Criteria,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 66, no. 9, pp. 1364–1373, 2014.
- Rosa L. S. Soares, “Irritable bowel syndrome: A clinical review,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 34, pp. 12144–12160, 2014.
- F. Rico-Villademoros, E. P. Calandre, and M. Slim, “Current Status Of Atypical Antipsychotics For The Treatment Of Fibromyalgia,” Drugs of Today, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 435–444, 2014.
- Fernando Rico-Villademoros, and Elena P. Calandre, “Fibromyalgia: Comorbidity indicative of vulnerability?,” Medicina Clinica, vol. 142, no. 12, pp. 538–539, 2014.
- Emma K. Guymer, “Whiplash: Same Elephant, Different Room,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 411–413, 2014.
- Pradit Prateepavanich, Emvalee Aromdee, Pongparadee Chaudakshetrin, Puchong Laurujisawat, Niphon Poungvarin, Jittrakul Leartsakulpanitch, and Sirinthip Petcharapiruch, “Modifications of the American College of Rheumatology 2010 Preliminary Diagnostic Criteria for Fibromyalgia Syndrome and Measurement of Symptom Severity as a Screening Tool for its Diagnosis [ACR 2010 FMS-STD]: Lessons Learned from the Process of Translation and Validation into a Thai Version,” Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Saliha Eroglu Demir, Ebru Aytekin, Ilhan Karacan, Teoman Aydin, and Gulis Durmusoglu Kavadar, “The prevalence of fibromyalgia among patients with cervical radiculopathy due to cervical disc herniation: A pilot study,” Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 167–171, 2014.
- Maria Grazia Grasso, “Chronic pain in multiple sclerosis: Is there also fibromyalgia? An observational study,” Medical Science Monitor, vol. 20, pp. 758–766, 2014.
- Monica Faro, and Jose Alegre, “Fibromyalgia as a comorbid phenomenon in autoinflammatory diseases,” Medicina Clinica, vol. 144, no. 11, pp. 525–525, 2015.
- Hyo Jin Choi, Jung Yoon Han, Mi Ryoung Seo, Hee Jung Ryu, and Han Joo Baek, “Fibromyalgia with chronic rheumatic diseases in South Korea: a comparison of clinical and American College of Rheumatology criteria,” International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 2015.
- Chie Sugimoto, Takahiko Konno, Rika Wakao, Hiroko Fujita, Hiroyoshi Fujita, and Hiroshi Wakao, “Mucosal-Associated Invariant T Cell Is a Potential Marker to Distinguish Fibromyalgia Syndrome from Arthritis,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 4, 2015.
- Ruth Ann Marrie, Nadia Reider, Olaf Stuve, Maria Trojano, Per Soelberg Sorensen, Gary R. Cutter, Stephen C. Reingold, and Jeffrey Cohen, “The incidence and prevalence of comorbid gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, ocular, pulmonary, and renal disorders in multiple sclerosis: A systematic,” Multiple Sclerosis Journal, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 332–341, 2015.
- Mahmoud Slim, Elena Pita Calandre, and Fernando Rico-Villademoros, “An insight into the gastrointestinal component of fibromyalgia: clinical manifestations and potential underlying mechanisms,” Rheumatology International, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 433–444, 2015.
- Sala Horowitz, “Current Understanding of Fibromyalgia: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Theories About Causes,” Alternative and Complementary Therapies, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2015.
- C. Jessie Jones, Carter Rakovski, Dana Rutledge, and Angela Gutierrez, “A Comparison of Women With Fibromyalgia Syndrome To Criterion Fitness Standards: A Pilot Study,” Journal Of Aging And Physical Activity, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 103–111, 2015.
- Lale Altan, Yusuf Sivrioglu, and Ilker Ercan, “Can Bath Ankylosing Spondylitis Disease Activity Index be Affected by Accompanying Fibromyalgia or Depression?,” Archives Of Rheumatology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 34–39, 2015.