- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pain Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 741746, 10 pages
Dysfunctional Neurotransmitter Systems in Fibromyalgia, Their Role in Central Stress Circuitry and Pharmacological Actions on These Systems
Alan Edwards Centre for Research on Pain, Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2B2
Received 21 April 2011; Accepted 11 July 2011
Academic Editor: Charles Vierck
Copyright © 2012 Susanne Becker and Petra Schweinhardt. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Juan Enrique Blümel, Santiago Palacios, Deborah Legorreta, María Soledad Vallejo, and Salvador Sarra, “Is fibromyalgia part of the climacteric syndrome?,” Maturitas, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 87–93, 2012.
- Bijar Ghafouri, Britt Larsson, Niclas Stensson, Christopher J. Fowler, and Bjorn Gerdle, “Palmitoylethanolamide and stearoylethanolamide levels in the interstitium o f the trapezius muscle of women with chronic widespread pain and chronic ne ck-shoulder pain correlate with pain intensity and sensitivity,” Pain, vol. 154, no. 9, pp. 1649–1658, 2013.
- Juan E. Blümel, Peter Chedraui, German Baron, Emma Belzares, Ascanio Bencosme, Andres Calle, Luis Danckers, Maria T. Espinoza, Daniel Flores, Gustavo Gomez, Jose A. Hernandez-Bueno, Humberto Izaguirre, Patricia Leon-Leon, Selva Lima, Edward Mezones-Holguin, Alvaro Monterrosa, Desiree Mostajo, Daysi Navarro, Eliana Ojeda, William Onatra, Monique Royer, Edwin Soto, Konstantinos Tserotas, and Maria S. Vallejo, “Menopause could be involved in the pathogenesis of muscle and joint aches in mid-aged women,” Maturitas, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 94–100, 2013.
- Poorvi Kulshreshtha, and Kishore K. Deepak, “Autonomic nervous system profile in fibromyalgia patients and its modulatio n by exercise: a mini review,” Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 83–91, 2013.
- Marta Ceko, Mytsumi Louis-Foster, Nathaniel M. Elfassy, Marco Leyton, Yoram Shir, and Petra Schweinhardt, “Dopamine and Pain Sensitivity: Neither Sulpiride nor Acute Phenylalanine an d Tyrosine Depletion Have Effects on Thermal Pain Sensations in Healthy Vol unteers,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Kara M. Lorduy, Angela Liegey-Dougall, Robbie Haggard, Celeste N. Sanders, and Robert J. Gatchel, “The Prevalence of Comorbid Symptoms of Central Sensitization Syndrome Among Three Different Groups of Temporomandibular Disorder Patients,” Pain Practice, 2013.
- Suwimon Yeephu, Saithip Suttiruksa, Patchara Limampai, Pradit Prateepavanich, and Irwin Jon Russell, “Efficacy and Safety of Mirtazapine in Fibromyalgia Syndrome Patients: A Ran domized Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study,” Annals Of Pharmacotherapy, vol. 47, no. 7-8, pp. 921–932, 2013.