- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Pain Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 981565, 6 pages
Fibromyalgia: When Distress Becomes (Un)sympathetic Pain
Rheumatology Department, National Institute of Cardiology, Juan Badiano 1, 14080 Mexico City, DF, Mexico
Received 10 April 2011; Accepted 11 June 2011
Academic Editor: Chad Boomershine
Copyright © 2012 Manuel Martinez-Lavin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gilberto Vargas-Alarcon, Edith Alvarez-Leon, Jose-Manuel Fragoso, Angelica Vargas, Aline Martinez, Maite Vallejo, and Manuel Martinez-Lavin, “A SCN9A gene-encoded dorsal root ganglia sodium channel polymorphism associated with severe fibromyalgia,” Bmc Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 13, 2012.
- Luciana A. da Silva, Helena H. Kazyiama, Jose T. T. de Siqueira, Manoel J. Teixeira, and Silvia R. D. T. de Siqueira, “High prevalence of orofacial complaints in patients with fibromyalgia: a case-control study,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology, vol. 114, no. 5, pp. E29–E34, 2012.
- Manuel Martinez-Lavin, “Small fibre neuropathy, fibromyalgia and dorsal root ganglia sodium channels,” Brain, vol. 136, no. 9, pp. e246, 2013.
- Poorvi Kulshreshtha, and Kishore K. Deepak, “Autonomic nervous system profile in fibromyalgia patients and its modulation by exercise: a mini review,” Clinical Physiology And Functional Imaging, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 83–91, 2013.
- Charles J. Vierck, Christopher D. King, Sara A. Berens, and Robert P. Yezierski, “Excitotoxic injury to thoracolumbar gray matter alters sympathetic activation and thermal pain sensitivity,” Experimental Brain Research, vol. 231, no. 1, pp. 19–26, 2013.
- Laura-Aline Martinez-Martinez, Tania Mora, Angelica Vargas, Mario Fuentes-Iniestra, and Manuel Martinez-Lavin, “Sympathetic Nervous System Dysfunction in Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and Interstitial Cystitis A Review of Case-Control Studies,” Jcr-Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 146–150, 2014.