- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Plastic Surgery International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 349357, 7 pages
What Is Safe Limit of the Perforator Flap in Lower Extremity Reconstruction? Do We Have Answers Yet?
1Department of Plastic Surgery, B.J. Medical College, Pune 411004, India
2Vimal Niwas, Sudarshan Society, Near Model Colony Post Office, Shivajinagar, Pune 411016, India
3Department of Plastic Surgery, SSG Hospital & Medical College, Baroda 390001, India
4Department of Plastic Surgery, Citicare Hospital, Aurangabad 431001, India
Received 4 June 2011; Accepted 1 August 2011
Academic Editor: Georg M. Huemer
Copyright © 2011 Nikhil S. Panse et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. French and P. Tornetta 3rd, “High-energy tibial shaft fractures,” Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 211–230, 2002.
- V. Bhattacharya and R. K. Watts, “Ipsilateral fasciocutaneous flaps for leg and foot defects,” Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 30–35, 2003.
- G. I. Taylor, M. Doyle, and G. McCarten, “The doppler probe for planning flaps: anatomical study and clinical applications,” British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 1–16, 1990.
- S. Dhar and G. I. Taylor, “The delay phenomenon: the story unfolds,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 104, no. 7, pp. 2079–2091, 1999.
- S. F. Morris and G. I. Taylor, “Predicting the survival of experimental skin flaps with a knowledge of the vascular architecture,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 92, no. 7, pp. 1352–1361, 1993.
- C. Rubino, et al., “Hemodynamic enhancement in perforator flaps: the inversion phenomenon and its clinical significance. A study of relationship of blood velocity and flow between pedicle and perforator vessels in perforator flaps,” Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 636–643, 2006.
- G. Segre, Fondamenti di Fisica, Liguori, Napoli, Italy, 1974.
- S. Ghali and N. Bowman, “The distal medial perforators of the lower leg and their accompanying veins,” British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 1086–1089, 2005.
- M. Topalan, S. S. Bilgin, W. Y. Ip, and S. P. Chow, “Effect of torsion on microarterial anastomosis patency,” Microsurgery, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 56–59, 2003.