- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Plastic Surgery International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 359842, 7 pages
Breast-Volume Displacement Using an Extended Glandular Flap for Small Dense Breasts
Department of Breast Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Mie 514-8507, Japan
Received 30 November 2010; Revised 21 June 2011; Accepted 21 June 2011
Academic Editor: Hiko Hyakusoku
Copyright © 2011 Tomoko Ogawa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. B. Clough, G. J. Kaufman, C. Nos, I. Buccimazza, and I. M. Sarfati, “Improving breast cancer surgery: a classification and quadrant per quadrant atlas for oncoplastic surgery,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1375–1391, 2010.
- N. W. Bulstrode and S. Shrotria, “Prediction of cosmetic outcome following conservative breast surgery using breast volume measurements,” Breast, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 124–126, 2001.
- C. Vrieling, L. Collette, A. Fourquet et al., “The influence of patient, tumor and treatment factors on the cosmetic results after breast-conserving therapy in the EORTC ‘boost vs. no boost’ trial,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 219–232, 2000.
- American College of Radiology, Breast Imaging Reporting and Data Systems (BI-RADS), American College of Radiology, Reston, Va, USA, 2003.
- J. R. Harris, M. B. Levene, G. Svensson, and S. Hellman, “Analysis of cosmetic results following primary radiation therapy for stages I and II carcinoma of the breast,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 257–261, 1979.
- D. Curran, J. P. Van Dongen, N. K. Aaronson et al., “Quality of life of early-stage breast cancer patients treated with radical mastectomy or breast-conserving procedures: results of EORTC trial 10801,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 307–314, 1998.
- W. Janni, D. Rjosk, T. H. Dimpfl et al., “Quality of life influenced by primary surgical treatment for stage I-III breast cancer—long-term follow-up of a matched-pair analysis,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 542–548, 2001.
- P. Berrino, E. Campora, and P. Santi, “Postquadrantectomy breast deformities: classification and techniques of surgical correction,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 567–572, 1987.
- K. B. Clough, J. Cuminet, A. Fitoussi, C. Nos, and V. Mosseri, “Cosmetic sequelae after conservative treatment for breast cancer: classification and results of surgical correction,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 471–481, 1998.
- S. J. McCulley and R. D. Macmillan, “Planning and use of therapeutic mammoplasty—Nottingham approach,” British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 58, no. 7, pp. 889–901, 2005.
- S. J. Kronowitz, K. K. Hunt, H. M. Kuerer et al., “Practical guidelines for repair of partial mastectomy defects using the breast reduction technique in patients undergoing breast conservation therapy,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 120, no. 7, pp. 1755–1768, 2007.
- B. O. Anderson, R. Masetti, and M. J. Silverstein, “Oncoplastic approaches to partial mastectomy: an overview of volume-displacement techniques,” Lancet Oncology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 145–157, 2005.
- A. M. Munhoz, E. Montag, E. Arruda et al., “Assessment of immediate conservative breast surgery reconstruction: a classification system of defects revisited and an algorithm for selecting the appropriate technique,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 716–727, 2008.
- S. J. Kronowitz, H. M. Kuerer, T. A. Buchholz, V. Valero, and K. K. Hunt, “A management algorithm and practical oncoplastic surgical techniques for repairing partial mastectomy defects,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 122, no. 6, pp. 1631–1647, 2008.