- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Plastic Surgery International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 421245, 5 pages
Open Reduction of Subcondylar Fractures Using a New Retractor
1Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Tokyo Medical University Hachioji Medical Center, 1163 Tatemachi, Hachioji, Tokyo 193-0998, Japan
2Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kosei Hospital, 5-25-15 Yayoichou, Nakano, Tokyo 164-0013, Japan
Received 25 April 2011; Revised 16 June 2011; Accepted 16 June 2011
Academic Editor: Hiko Hyakusoku
Copyright © 2011 Akira Sugamata et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. Silvennoinen, T. Iizuka, C. Lindqvist, and K. Oikarinen, “Different patterns of condylar fractures: an analysis of 382 patients in a 3-year period,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 1032–1037, 1992.
- M. H. Motamedi, “An assessment of maxillofacial fractures: a 5-year-study of 237 patients,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 61–64, 2003.
- Y. Jimbo, K. Makino, K. Watanabe, and A. Sugamata, “New surgical approach to the condylar process,” Japanese Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 91–96, 1991 (Japanese).
- K. G. Kempers, P. D. Quinn, and K. Silverstein, “Surgical approaches to mandibular condylar fractures: a review,” Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Trauma, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 25–30, 1999.
- M. Schneider, G. Lauer, and U. Eckelt, “Surgical treatment of fracture of the mandibular condyle: a comparison of long-term results following different approaches—functional, axiographical, and radiological findings,” Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 151–160, 2007.
- W. Tang, C. Gao, J. Long, Y. Lin, H. Wang, and W. Tian, “Application of modified retromandibular approach indirectly from the anterior edge of the parotid gland in the surgical treatment of condylar fracture,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 552–558, 2009.
- R. B. Veras, M. S. Kriwalsky, A. W. Eckert, J. Schubert, and P. Maurer, “Long-term outcomes after treatment of condylar fracture by intraoral access: a functional and radiologic assessment,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 65, no. 8, pp. 1470–1476, 2007.
- R. Schön, R. Gutwald, A. Schramm, N. C. Gellrich, and R. Schmelzeisen, “Endoscopy-assisted open treatment of condylar fractures of the mandible: extraoral vs intraoral approach,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 237–243, 2002.
- E. Ellis III and J. Dean, “Rigid fixation of mandibular condyle fractures,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 6–15, 1993.
- E. Ellis III, D. McFadden, P. Simon, and G. Throckmorton, “Surgical complications with open treatment of mandibular condylar process fractures,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 950–958, 2000.