- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Plastic Surgery International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 606941, 3 pages
Use of Silicone Sizers in Implantation of Porous Polyethylene Nasal Dorsal Implants in Asians
Aesthetic & Refractive Surgery Medical Center, 455 O'Connor Drive, Suite 180, San Jose, CA 95128, USA
Received 22 February 2011; Revised 21 July 2011; Accepted 22 July 2011
Academic Editor: Rei Ogawa
Copyright © 2011 Randal Pham. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. T. H. Pham and P. David Hunter, “Use of porous polyethylene as nasal dorsal implants in Asians,” Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 102–106, 2006.
- T. Romo, A. P. Sclafani, and P. Sabini, “Use of porous high-density polyethylene in revision rhinoplasty and in the platyrrhine nose,” Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 211–221, 1998.
- T. Romo, A. P. Sclafani, and A. A. Jacono, “Nasal reconstruction using porous polyethylene implants,” Facial Plastic Surgery, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 55–61, 2000.
- M. Türegün, M. Şengezer, and M. Güler, “Reconstruction of saddle nose deformities using porous polyethylene implant,” Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 38–41, 1998.
- J. J. Romano, N. T. Iliff, and P. N. Manson, “Use of medpor porous polyethylene implants in 140 patients with facial fractures,” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 142–147, 1993.
- A. Berghaus and K. Stelter, “Alloplastic materials in rhinoplasty,” Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 270–277, 2006.
- M. S. Mendelsohn and K. Golchin, “Alar expansion and reinforcement: a new technique to manage nasal valve collapse,” Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 293–299, 2006.
- T. Romo III, E. S. Kwak, and A. P. Sclafani, “Revision rhinoplasty using porous high-density polyethylene implants to reestablish ethnic identity,” Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 679–684, 2006.
- M. A. Thornton and M. Mendelsohn, “Total skeletal reconstruction of the nasal dorsum,” Archives of Otolaryngology, vol. 132, no. 11, pp. 1183–1188, 2006.
- K. Stelter, S. Strieth, and A. Berghaus, “Porous polyethylene implants in revision rhinoplasty: chances and risks,” Rhinology, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 325–331, 2007.
- M. Turegun, T. O. Acarturk, S. Ozturk, and M. Sengezer, “Aesthetic and functional restoration using dorsal saddle shaped medpor implant in secondary rhinoplasty,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 600–603, 2008.
- C. T. Chen, T. L. Hu, J. B. Lai, Y. C. Chen, and Y. R. Chen, “Reconstruction of traumatic nasal deformity in orientals,” Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 257–264, 2010.
- T. Seyhan, B. H. Kircelli, and B. Caglar, “Correction of septal and midface hypoplasia in maxillonasal dysplasia (Binder's Syndrome) using high-density porous polyethylene,” Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 661–665, 2009.
- P. Gentile, D. J. Bottini, and V. Cervelli, “Reconstruction of the nasal dorsum with medpor implants,” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1506–1508, 2007.
- A. Sajjadian, N. Naghshineh, and R. Rubinstein, “Current status of grafts and implants in rhinoplasty—part II. Homologous grafts and allogenic implants,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 125, no. 3, 2010.