- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Plastic Surgery International
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 858093, 5 pages
The Introduction of a Protocol for the Use of Biobrane for Facial Burns in Children
1Burns Unit, Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital, Klipfontein Road, Rondebosch, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
2Division of Plastic Surgery, Groote Schuur Hospital and Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital and The University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
3Division of Paediatric Surgery, Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital and The University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Received 29 May 2011; Accepted 27 July 2011
Academic Editor: Bishara S. Atiyeh
Copyright © 2011 A. D. Rogers et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Lal, R. E. Barrow, S. E. Wolf et al., “Biobrane® improves wound healing in burned children without increased risk of infection,” Shock, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 314–318, 2000.
- J. P. Barret, P. Dziewulski, P. I. Ramzy, S. E. Wolf, M. H. Desai, and D. N. Herndon, “Biobrane® versus 1% silver sulfadiazine in second-degree pediatric burns,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 62–65, 2000.
- I. S. Whitaker, S. Prowse, and T. S. Potokar, “Critical evaluation of the use of Biobrane® as a biologic skin substitute: a versatile tool for the plastic and reconstructive surgeon,” Annals of plastic surgery, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 333–337, 2008.
- C. Pham, J. Greenwood, H. Cleland, P. Woodruff, and G. Maddern, “Bioengineered skin substitutes for the management of burns: a systematic review,” Burns, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 946–957, 2007.
- R. Gray and H. Rode, “Intra-operative endotracheal tube stabilisation for facial burns,” Burns, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 572–575, 2010.
- S. Bhende, S. Rothenburger, D. J. Spangler, and M. Dito, “In Vitro assessment of microbial barrier properties of Dermabond® topical skin adhesive,” Surgical Infections, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 251–257, 2002.