- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Plastic Surgery International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 129692, 6 pages
Surgical Treatment of 55 Patients with Pressure Ulcers at the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Kosovo during the Period 2000–2010: A Retrospective Study
1Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University Clinical Center of Kosovo, Pristina, Kosovo
2Dentistry Faculty, University Clinical Center of Kosovo, Pristina, Kosovo
3Department of Neurosurgery, University Clinical Center of Kosovo, Pristina, Kosovo
4Department of Emergency Center Kosovo, Pristina, Kosovo
Received 12 November 2012; Revised 14 January 2013; Accepted 20 January 2013
Academic Editor: G. L. Robb
Copyright © 2013 Shkelzen B. Duci et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. J. Cowan, J. K. Stechmiller, M. Rowe, et al., “Enhancing Braden pressure ulcer risk assessment in acutely ill adult veterans,” Wound Repair and Regeneration, vol. 20, pp. 137–148, 2012.
- Pressure Ulcer Stages Revised by NPUAP, National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, Press Release, Washington, DC, USA, 2007.
- M. A. Regan, R. W. Teasell, D. L. Wolfe, D. Keast, W. B. Mortenson, and J. A. L. Aubut, “A systematic review of therapeutic interventions for pressure Ulcers after spinal cord injury,” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 213–231, 2009.
- B. M. Bates-Jensen, H. E. McCreath, V. Pongquan, and N. C. R. Apeles, “Subepidermal moisture differentiates erythema and stage I pressure ulcers in nursing home residents,” Wound Repair and Regeneration, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 189–197, 2008.
- M. M. Metassan, “Pressure ulcers in the medical wards of RIPAS Hospital: incidence and risk factors,” Brunei International Medical Journal, vol. 7, no. 3, article 157, 2011.
- R. M. Allman, “Pressure ulcer prevalence, incidence, risk factors, and impact,” Clinics in Geriatric Medicine, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 421–436, 1997.
- E. F. Reilly, G. C. Karakousis, P. Sherwin, et al., “Pressure ulcers in the intensive care unit: the forgotten enemy,” OPUS 12 Scientist, vol. 1, no. 2, 2007.
- S. R. Eachempati, L. J. Hydo, and P. S. Barie, “Factors influencing the development of decubitus ulcers in critically ill surgical patients,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1678–1682, 2001.
- M. Edwards, “The rationale for the use of risk calculators in pressure sore prevention, and the evidence of the reliability and validity of published scales,” Journal of advanced nursing, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 288–296, 1994.
- L. E. Herman and K. F. Rothman, “Prevention, care, and treatment of pressure (decubitus) ulcers in intensive care unit patients,” Journal of Intensive Care Medicine, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 117–123, 1989.
- J. K. Stechmiller, L. Cowan, J. D. Whitney et al., “Guidelines for the prevention of pressure ulcers,” Wound Repair and Regeneration, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 151–168, 2008.
- Y. Xu, H. Hai, Z. Liang, S. Feng, and C. Wang, “Pedicled fasciocutaneous flap of multi-island design for large sacral defects,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 467, no. 8, pp. 2135–2141, 2009.
- Y. Liu, X. Zhang, and C. Zhang, “Clinical typing and surgical principle of pressure sore,” Zhongguo xiu fu chong jian wai ke za zhi, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 932–936, 2007.
- H. Menke, “Infected decubitus ulcer in German,” Langenbecks Archiv für Chirurgie. Supplement. Kongressband, vol. 114, pp. 517–520, 1997.
- J. L. Grolleau, J. F. Collin, J. P. Chavoin, and M. Costagliola, “Iliac transosseous transposition of a rectus abdominis flap to cover a sacral pressure sore,” Annales de Chirurgie Plastique et Esthetique, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 128–131, 1994 (French).
- V. Lemaire, K. Boulanger, and O. Heymans, “Free flaps for pressure sore coverage,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 631–634, 2008.
- J. Kottner, K. Raeder, R. Halfens, and T. Dassen, “A systematic review of interrater reliability of pressure ulcer classification systems,” Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 315–336, 2009.
- R. M. Allman, P. S. Goode, M. M. Patrick, N. Burst, and A. A. Bartolucci, “Pressure ulcer risk factors among hospitalized patients with activity limitation,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 273, no. 11, pp. 865–870, 1995.
- N. Graves, F. A. Birrell, and M. Whitby, “Modeling the economic losses from pressure ulcers among hospitalized patients in Australia,” Wound Repair and Regeneration, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 462–467, 2005.
- J. Schiffman, M. S. Golinko, A. Yan, A. Flattau, M. Tomic-Canic, and H. Brem, “Operative debridement of pressure ulcers,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 1396–1402, 2009.
- P. C. Nogueira, M. H. L. Caliri, and V. J. Haas, “Profile of patients with spinal cord injuries and occurrence of pressure ulcer at a university hospital,” Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 372–377, 2006.
- J. Alderden, J. D. Whitney, S. M. Taylor, et al., “Risk profile characteristics associated with outcomes of hospital-acquired pressure ulcers: a retrospective review,” Critical Care Nurse, vol. 31, pp. 30–43, 2011.