- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Plastic Surgery International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 538364, 5 pages
Complex Biological Reconstruction after Wide Excision of Osteogenic Sarcoma in Lower Extremities
1Islam Medical College, Sialkot, Pakistan
2H No. 88 K-1, Wapda Town, Lahore, Pakistan
3Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Received 28 August 2012; Accepted 27 November 2012
Academic Editor: G. L. Robb
Copyright © 2013 Kashif Abbas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. H. Chen, W. M. Chen, and C. K. Huang, “Reconstruction after intercalary resection of malignant bone tumours: comparison between segmental allograft and extracorporeally-irradiated autograft,” The Bone and Joint Journal, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 704–709, 2005.
- M. J. Khattak, M. Umer, H. ur Rasheed, and M. Umar, “Autoclaved tumor bone for reconstruction: an alternative in developing countries,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 447, pp. 138–144, 2006.
- W. M. Chen, T. H. Chen, C. K. Huang, C. C. Chiang, and W. H. Lo, “Treatment of malignant bone tumours by extracorporeally irradiated autograft-prosthetic composite arthroplasty,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, vol. 84, no. 8, pp. 1156–1161, 2002.
- K. Hayashi, H. Tsuchiya, N. Yamamoto, A. Takeuchi, and K. Tomita, “Functional outcome in patients with osteosarcoma around the knee joint treated by minimised surgery,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 63–68, 2008.
- Y. Kanazawa, H. Tsuchiya, A. Nonomura, K. Takazawa, N. Yamamoto, and K. Tomita, “Intentional marginal excision of osteosarcoma of the proximal fibula to preserve limb function,” Journal of Orthopaedic Science, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 757–761, 2003.
- T. Morii, K. Mochizuki, A. Takushima, M. Okazaki, and K. Satomi, “Soft tissue reconstruction using vascularized tissue transplantation following resection of musculoskeletal sarcoma: evaluation of oncologic and functional outcomes in 55 cases,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 252–257, 2009.
- L. Heller and S. J. Kronowitz, “Lower extremity reconstruction,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 94, no. 6, pp. 479–489, 2006.
- E. Tukiainen, T. Böhling, and R. Huuhtanen, “Soft tissue sarcoma of the trunk and extremities,” Scandinavian Journal of Surgery, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 257–263, 2003.
- A. D. Shaw, S. J. Ghosh, and A. A. Quaba, “The island posterior calf fasciocutaneous flap: an alternative to the gastrocnemius muscle for cover of knee and tibial defects,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 101, no. 6, pp. 1529–1536, 1998.
- Y. C. Chiang, F. C. Wei, J. W. Wang, and W. S. Chen, “Reconstruction of below-knee stump using the salvaged foot fillet flap,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 731–738, 1995.
- G. I. Taylor, G. D. H. Miller, and F. J. Ham, “The free vascularized bone graft. A clinical extension of microvascular techniques,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 533–544, 1975.
- R. W. W. Hsu, M. B. Wood, F. H. Sim, and E. Y. S. Chao, “Free vascularised fibular grafting for reconstruction after tumour resection,” The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 36–42, 1997.