- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Society Affiliation ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 160789, 5 pages
Analysis of Pollen Collected by Andrena flavipes Panzer (Hymenoptera: Andrenidae) in Sweet Cherry Orchards, Afyonkarahisar Province of Turkey
1Plant Protection Central Research Institute, Gayret Mahallesi, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bulvari, No: 66, 06172 Yenimahalle/Ankara, Turkey
2Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Hacettepe University, 06800 Beytepe/Ankara, Turkey
Received 29 July 2009; Revised 4 December 2009; Accepted 7 January 2010
Academic Editor: James C. Nieh
Copyright © 2010 Yasemin Güler and Kadriye Sorkun. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Burak, Meyvecilik 1, Tarım ve Köyişleri Bakanlığı Teşkilatlanma ve Desteklenme Genel Müdürlüğü, Baskı, Yayçep, 2 edition, 2003.
- K. S. Delaplane, Crop Pollination by Bees, CABI Publishing, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2000.
- J. Bosch and W. P. Kemp, “Exceptional cherry production in an orchard pollinated with blue orchard bees,” Bee World, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 163–173, 1999.
- J. Bosch, W. P. Kemp, and S. S. Peterson, “Management of Osmia lignaria (Hymenoptera: Megachilidae) populations for almond pollination: methods to advance bee emergence,” Environmental Entomology, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 874–883, 2000.
- A. Roversi, V. Ughini, et al., “Influence of weather conditions of the flowering period on sweet cherry fruit set,” in Proceedings of the International Cherry Symposium, pp. 427–433, Budapest, Hungary, June 1993, Acta-Horticulturae, no. 410.
- Z. Huang, “The other bees: alternative pollinators for tree and small Fruits,” Fruit Crop Advisory Team Alert, Michigan State University, vol. 18, no. 6, 2003.
- I. Kandemir , “Amerika Birleşik Devletleri'nde toplu arı ölümleri ve koloni çökme bozukluğu (Ccd) üzerine bir derleme,” Uludağ Arıcılık Dergisi, vol. 2, pp. 63–69, 2007.
- J. Tuell, J. A. Ascher, and R. Isaacs, “Wild bees (Hymenoptera: Apoidea: Anthophila) of the Michigan highbush blueberry agroecosystem,” Annals of the Entomological Society of America, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 275–287, 2009.
- H. Özbek, “Korunga (Onobrychis sativa Lam.) tohum üretiminde arıların yeri,” in Türkiye 3. Çayır, Mer'a ve Yem Bitkileri Kong, pp. 429–434, Erzurum, Turkey, 1996.
- C. D. Michener, The Bees of the World, The Johns Hopkins Universitiy Press, Baltimor, Md, USA, 2000.
- M. Giovanetti, S. Luppino, and R. Zola, “Preliminary note on the relative frequencies of two bees on wild Brassicaceae: oligolectic Andrena agilissima vs polylectic Apis mellifera,” Bulletin of Insectology, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 153–156, 2006.
- A. Dubitzky, “New palearctic species of the bee genus Andrena (Insecta: Hymenoptera: Andrenidae),” Zootaxa, no. 1284, pp. 1–27, 2006.
- H. Özbek, “Türkiye'de iliman iklim meyve türlerini ziyaret eden böcek türleri,” Uludağ Arıcılık Dergisi, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 92–103, 2008.
- M. Klug and G. Büneman, “Pollination: wild bees as an alternative to the honey bee,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 139, pp. 59–64, 1983.
- P. Zandigiacomo, I. Bernardinelli, and M. Mossenta, “Fenology and plant preference of three species of wild bees (Hymenoptera, Apoidea) in Friuli-Venezia Giulia,” in Proceedings of the 1st European Conference of Apidology, Udine, Italy, September 2004.
- H. Özbek, “Doğu Anadolu'nun baz1 yörelerinde elma ağaçlar1nda tozlaşa yapan ar1lar (Hymenoptera: Apoidea),” Atatürk Üniversitesi Ziraat Fakültesi Ziraat Dergisi, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 73–83, 1978.
- M. I. Voloshin, “Principal pollinators of alfalfa in South Russia,” in Proceedings of the 38th North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference, Sacramento, Calif, USA, July 2002.
- V. A. Vereshchagina, L. V. Novoselova, and N. L. Kolyasnikova, “The systems of reproduction of annual and perennial species of Medicago L. (Fabaceae,” Czech Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding, vol. 39, pp. 100–103, 2003.
- L. Tanács, P. Benedek, T. Monostori, and K. Bodnár, “Pollinating insect assemblages of seed onion fields at the traditional onion growing area of Makó,” Symposium of Trends in European Agriculture Development, Timişoara, Serbia, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 515–520, 2008.
- N. Vicens and J. Bosch, “Weather-dependent pollinator activity in an apple orchard, with special reference to Osmia cornuta and Apis mellifera (Hymenoptera: Megachilidae and Apidae),” Environmental Entomology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 413–420, 2000.
- Anonymous, Tarımsal Yapı (Üretim, Fiyat, Değer), Yayın no: 3123, T.C. Başbakanlık Devlet Istatistik Enstitüsü, Ankara,Turkey, 2006.
- N. Çakaryıldırım, “Kiraz,” Bak1ş, Tarımsal Ekonomi Araştırma Enstitüsü, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 1–4, 2003.
- Y. Güler and K. Sorkun, “Pollen preferences of Hoplosmia bidentata and Lithurgus cornutus (Hymenoptera: Megachilidae),” Entomologica Fennica, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 174–178, 2007.
- G. Erdtman, Handbook of Palynology, Hafner, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- V. Markgraf and H. L. D'Antoni, Pollen Flora of Argentina, The University of Arizona Press, Tucson, Ariz, USA, 1978.
- P. D. Moore, J. A. Webb, and M. E. Collinson, Pollen Analysis, Blackwell Scientific, London, UK, 1991.
- S. Nilsson, J. Praglowski, and L. Nilsson, Atlas of Airborne Pollen Grains and Spores in Northern Europe, Natur och Kultur, Stockholm, Sweden, 1983.
- K. Faegri and J. Iversen, “Textbook of pollen analysis,” K. Faegri, P. E. Kaland, and K. Krzywinski, Eds., p. 328, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 4th edition, 1989.
- G. R. D'Albore, Textbook of Melissopalynology, Apimondia Publishing House, Bucharest, Romania, 1997.
- M. H. Lieux, “A melissopalynological study of 54 Louisiana (USA) honeys,” Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 95–124, 1972.
- S. Silici, “Physicochemical and palynological analysis of honey samples belonging to different regions of Turkey,” Mellifera, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 44–50, 2004.
- N. Erdoğan, S. Pehlivan, and C. Doğan, “Pollen analysis of honeys from Hendek- Akyazı and Kocaeli districts of Adapazarı province (Turkey),” Mellifera, vol. 6, no. 10–12, pp. 20–27, 2006.
- C. Doğan, “Physicochemical characteristics and composition of Trifolium L. honeys produced in turkey,” Mellifera, vol. 8, no. 16, pp. 9–18, 2008.
- A. Gathmann and T. Tscharntke, “Foraging ranges of solitary bees,” Journal of Animal Ecology, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 757–764, 2002.
- O. Tadauchi, “The genus Andrena from Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan (Hymenoptera, Andrenidae) (2),” Esakia, vol. 48, pp. 1–18, 2008.
- K. Sorkun, Türkiye'in Nektarlı Bitkileri, Polenleri ve Balları, Palme Yayınevi, Ankara, Turkey, 2007.
- P. H. Davis, Ed., Flora of Turkey and the East Aegean Island, vol. 5, Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh, UK, 1975.
- A. Güner, N. Özhatay, T. Ekim, and K. H. C. Başer, Flora of Turkey and the East Aegean Islands, vol. 11, supplement-II, Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh, UK, 2000.