- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Society Affiliation
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 384371, 6 pages
Several New Aspects of the Foraging Behavior of Osmia cornifrons in an Apple Orchard
1Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Nagoya 464-8601, Japan
2Breeding Laboratory, Nagano Fruit Tree Experiment Station, Nagano 382-0072, Japan
Received 3 August 2009; Revised 13 November 2009; Accepted 15 December 2009
Academic Editor: Claus Rasmussen
Copyright © 2010 Shogo Matsumoto and Tsutomu Maejima. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Sekita, “Managing Osmia cornifrons to pollinate apples in Aomori prefecture, Japan,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 561, pp. 303–307, 2001.
- R. D. Way, “Pollination and fruit set of fruit crops,” New York's Food and Life Sciences Bulletin, vol. 76, pp. 1–9, 1978.
- S. Matsumoto, T. Eguchi, T. Maejima, and H. Komatsu, “Effect of distance from early flowering pollinizers ‘Maypole’ and ‘Dolgo’ on ‘Fiji’ fruit set,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. 151–159, 2008.
- S. Matsumoto, A. Abe, and T. Maejima, “Foraging behavior of Osmia cornifrons in an apple orchard,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 121, no. 1, pp. 73–79, 2009.
- W. S. Robinson and R. D. Fell, “Effect of honey bee foraging behaviors on ‘Delicious’ apple set,” HortScience, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 326–328, 1981.
- N. Vicens and J. Bosch, “Weather-dependent pollinator activity in an apple orchard, with special reference to Osmia cornuta and Apis mellifera (Hymenoptera: Megachilidae and Apidae),” Environmental Entomology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 413–420, 2000.
- E. D. Kuhn and J. T. Ambrose, “Foraging behavior of honey bees on ‘Golden Delicious’ and ‘Delicious’ apple,” Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 391–395, 1982.