- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Society Affiliation ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 168549, 5 pages
A Predator's Perspective of the Accuracy of Ant Mimicry in Spiders
School of Biological Sciences, University of Canterbury, Private Bag 4800, Christchurch 8041, New Zealand
Received 28 April 2011; Accepted 9 June 2011
Academic Editor: Jean Paul Lachaud
Copyright © 2012 Ximena J. Nelson. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Christoph Beeren, Rosli Hashim, and Volker Witte, “The Social Integration of a Myrmecophilous Spider Does Not Depend Exclusively on Chemical Mimicry,” Journal of Chemical Ecology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 262–271, 2012.
- Paula E. Cushing, “Spider-Ant Associations: An Updated Review of Myrmecomorphy, Myrmecophily, and Myrmecophagy in Spiders,” Psyche: A Journal of Entomology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–23, 2012.
- Gonzalo D. Rubio, Manuel O. Arbino, and Paula E. Cushing, “ Ant mimicry in the spider Myrmecotypus iguazu (Araneae: Corinnidae), with notes about myrmecomorphy in spiders ,” Journal of Arachnology, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 395–399, 2013.
- Fadia Sara Ceccarelli, “Ant-Mimicking Spiders: Strategies for Living with Social Insects,” Psyche: A Journal of Entomology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Stano Pekár, “Is inaccurate mimicry ancestral to accurate in myrmecomorphic spiders (Araneae)?,” Biological Journal of the Linnean Society, 2014.