- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Society Affiliation ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 198084, 19 pages
Fire Ants (Solenopsis spp.) and Their Natural Enemies in Southern South America
USDA-ARS-South American Biological Control Laboratory, Bolívar 1559, B1686EFA Hurlingham, Argentina
Received 8 August 2011; Revised 4 October 2011; Accepted 14 October 2011
Academic Editor: Jean Paul Lachaud
Copyright © 2012 Juan Briano et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Line V. Ugelvig, and Sylvia Cremer, “Effects of social immunity and unicoloniality on host-parasite interactions in invasive insect societies,” Functional Ecology, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 1300–1312, 2012.
- Hsun-Yi Hsieh, and Ivette Perfecto, “Trait-Mediated Indirect Effects of Phorid Flies on Ants,” Psyche: A Journal of Entomology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- Sanford D. Porter, David H. Oi, Steven M. Valles, and Robert K. Vander Meer, “Mitigating the allergic effects of fire ant envenomation with biologically based population reduction,” Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 372–378, 2013.
- Steven M. Valles, Sanford D. Porter, Man-Yeon Choi, and David H. Oi, “Successful transmission of Solenopsis invicta virus 3 to Solenopsis invicta fire ant colonies in oil, sugar, and cricket bait formulations,” Journal of Invertebrate Pathology, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 198–204, 2013.
- Wayne A. Gardner, Harold B. Peeler, and Stanley K. Diffie, “Occurrence of Phorid Fly (Diptera: Phoridae) Parasitoids of Imported Fire Ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) in Georgia,” Journal of Entomological Science, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 243–250, 2013.
- Sanford D. Porter, and Luis A. Calcaterra, “Dispersal and competitive impacts of a third fire ant decapitating fly (Pseudacteon obtusus) established in North Central Florida,” Biological Control, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 66–74, 2013.
- Steven M. Valles, and Sanford D. Porter, “Dose response of red imported fire ant colonies to Solenopsis invicta virus 3,” Archives of Virology, 2015.