- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Society Affiliation ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 239392, 10 pages
Towards a Better Understanding of the Evolution of Specialized Parasites of Fungus-Growing Ant Crops
Centre for Social Evolution, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 15, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Received 5 October 2011; Accepted 12 December 2011
Academic Editor: Alain Lenoir
Copyright © 2012 Sze Huei Yek et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sze H. Yek, Jacobus J. Boomsma, and Morten Schiøtt, “ Differential gene expression in Acromyrmex leaf-cutting ants after challenges with two fungal pathogen s ,” Molecular Ecology, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 2173–2187, 2013.
- Sarah E. Marsh, Michael Poulsen, Norma B. Gorosito, Adrian Pinto-Tomas, Virginia E. Masiulionis, and Cameron R. Currie, “Association between Pseudonocardia symbionts and Atta leaf-cutting ants suggested by improved isolation methods,” International Microbiology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 17–25, 2013.
- Jeffrey Sosa-Calvo, Ted R. Schultz, Carlos R. F. Brandao, Christiana Klingenberg, Rodrigo M. Feitosa, Christian Rabeling, Mauricio Bacci, Caue T. Lopes, and Heraldo L. Vasconcelos, “Cyatta abscondita: Taxonomy, Evolution, and Natural History of a New Fungus-Farming Ant Genus from Brazil,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Jonathan Z. Shik, Juan C. Santos, Jon N. Seal, Adam Kay, Ulrich G. Mueller, and Michael Kaspari, “Metabolism and the Rise of Fungus Cultivation by Ants,” The American Naturalist, pp. 000–000, 2014.