- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Society Affiliation ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 821591, 14 pages
Positive-Strand RNA Viruses Infecting the Red Imported Fire Ant, Solenopsis invicta
USDA-ARS, Center for Medical, Agricultural and Veterinary Entomology, 1600 SW 23rd Drive, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Received 6 June 2011; Accepted 15 August 2011
Academic Editor: Alain Lenoir
Copyright © 2012 Steven M. Valles. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Robert Vander Meer, “Ant Interactions with Soil Organisms and Associated Semiochemicals,” Journal of Chemical Ecology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 728–745, 2012.
- Steven M. Valles, and Niv Sabath, “No evidence for translation of pog, a predicted overlapping gene of Solenopsis invicta virus 1,” Virus Genes, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 84–89, 2012.
- Steven M. Valles, David H. Oi, Fahong Yu, Xin-Xing Tan, and Eileen A. Buss, “Metatranscriptomics and pyrosequencing facilitate discovery of potential viral natural enemies of the invasive Caribbean crazy ant, Nylanderia pubens,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 2, 2012.
- Steven M. Valles, DeWayne Shoemaker, Yannick Wurm, Charles A. Strong, Laura Varone, James J. Becnel, and Paul D. Shirk, “Discovery and molecular characterization of an ambisense densovirus from South American populations of Solenopsis invicta,” Biological Control, 2013.
- Sanford D. Porter, Steven M. Valles, and David H. Oi, “Host specificity and colony impacts of the fire ant pathogen, Solenopsis invicta virus 3,” Journal of Invertebrate Pathology, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Sanford D. Porter, David H. Oi, Steven M. Valles, and Robert K. Vander Meer, “Mitigating the allergic effects of fire ant envenomation with biologically based population reduction,” Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 372–378, 2013.
- Steven M. Valles, Sanford D. Porter, Man-Yeon Choi, and David H. Oi, “Successful transmission of Solenopsis invicta virus 3 to Solenopsis invicta fire ant colonies in oil, sugar, and cricket bait formulations,” Journal of Invertebrate Pathology, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 198–204, 2013.
- Steven M. Valles, David H. Oi, Robert M. Plowes, Hussein Sanchez-Arroyo, Laura Varone, Pat Conant, and Garry Webb, “Geographic distribution suggests that Solenopsis invicta is the host of predilection for Solenopsis invicta virus 1,” Journal of Invertebrate Pathology, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 232–236, 2013.
- Steven M. Valles, and Sanford D. Porter, “Procedures to Mitigate the Impact of Solenopsis Invicta Virus 3 In Fire Ant (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) Rearing Facilities,” Florida Entomologist, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 252–254, 2013.
- Clare Allen, and Steven M. Valles, “ Successful Transcription but not Translation or Assembly of Solenopsis Invicta Virus 3 in a Baculovirus-Driven Expression System ,” Florida Entomologist, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 943–949, 2015.
- Steven M. Valles, and Sanford D. Porter, “Dose response of red imported fire ant colonies to Solenopsis invicta virus 3,” Archives of Virology, 2015.
- Steven M. Valles, David H. Oi, James J. Becnel, James K. Wetterer, John S. LaPolla, and Andrew E. Firth, “Isolation and characterization of Nylanderia fulva virus 1, a positive-sense, single-stranded RNA virus infecting the tawny crazy ant, Nylanderia fulva,” Virology, vol. 496, pp. 244–254, 2016.