- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Society Affiliation ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 895424, 9 pages
Current Understanding and Future Prospects of Host Selection, Acceptance, Discrimination, and Regulation of Phorid Fly Parasitoids That Attack Ants
1Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, University of California, Berkeley, 137 Mulford Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
2Department of Environmental Sciences, The University of Toledo, 2801 W. Bancroft Street, MS 604, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Received 29 August 2011; Accepted 3 November 2011
Academic Editor: Jean Paul Lachaud
Copyright © 2012 Kaitlyn A. Mathis and Stacy M. Philpott. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hsun-Yi Hsieh, Heidi Liere, Estelí J. Soto, and Ivette Perfecto, “Cascading trait-mediated interactions induced by ant pheromones,” Ecology and Evolution, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 2181–2191, 2012.
- David J. Gonthier, Stacy M. Philpott, and Gabriella L. Pardee, “Cryptic biodiversity effects: importance of functional redundancy revealed through addition of food web complexity,” Ecology, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 992–1001, 2012.
- D. S. Bora, B. Deka, and F. Fahmi, “Response of Exorista sorbillans to Volatiles of Host Plants of Antheraea assama, Westwood,” National Academy Science Letters, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 467–473, 2012.
- Katlynd M. Reese, and Stacy M. Philpott, “Environmental and Habitat Drivers of Relative Abundance for a Suite of Azteca-Attacking Pseudacteon Phorid Flies,” Environmental Entomology, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1107–1114, 2012.
- Hsun-Yi Hsieh, and Ivette Perfecto, “Trait-Mediated Indirect Effects of Phorid Flies on Ants,” Psyche: A Journal of Entomology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- Sanford D. Porter, David H. Oi, Steven M. Valles, and Robert K. Vander Meer, “Mitigating the allergic effects of fire ant envenomation with biologically based population reduction,” Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 372–378, 2013.
- Gabriela Pérez-Lachaud, Mark A. Jervis, Menno Reemer, and Jean-Paul Lachaud, “An unusual, but not unexpected, evolutionary step taken by syrphid flies: the first record of true primary parasitoidism of ants by Microdontinae,” Biological Journal of the Linnean Society, vol. 111, no. 2, pp. 462–472, 2013.
- Patricia J. Folgarait, “Leaf-Cutter Ant Parasitoids: Current Knowledge,” Psyche: A Journal of Entomology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Anna Mészáros, David H. Oi, Steven M. Valles, Julien M. Beuzelin, Francis P.F. Reay-Jones, and Seth J. Johnson, “Distribution of Pseudacteon spp. (Diptera: Phoridae), biological control agents of Solenopsis spp. (Hymenoptera: Formicidae), in Louisiana and associated prevalence of Kneallhazia solenopsae (Microsporidia: Thelohaniidae),” Biological Control, 2014.
- Ivette Perfecto, John Vandermeer, and Stacy M. Philpott, “Complex Ecological Interactions in the Coffee Agroecosystem,” Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 137–158, 2014.
- A. De la Mora, G. Perez-Lachaud, J.-P. Lachaud, and S. M. Philpott, “Local and Landscape Drivers of Ant Parasitism in a Coffee Landscape,” Environmental Entomology, 2015.
- John O. Stireman, “Community Ecology of the “Other” Parasitoids,” Current Opinion in Insect Science, 2016.