- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Society Affiliation
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 201769, 3 pages
Defensive Glands of the Darkling Beetle Mesomorphus villiger Blanchard (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae)
Postgraduate & Research Department of Zoology, St. Joseph's College, Devagiri, Calicut, Kerala 673008, India
Received 6 November 2012; Revised 23 March 2013; Accepted 13 May 2013
Academic Editor: Jan Klimaszewski
Copyright © 2013 C. M. Seena and Sabu K. Thomas. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Sitaramaiah, G. Rama Prasad, and U. Sreedhar, “Management of tobacco ground beetle, Mesomorphus villiger with insecticide baits on flue cured Virginia tobacco,” Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, vol. 69, no. 9, pp. 660–663, 1999.
- Z. Kaszab, “Faunistik der Tenibrioniden von Sri Lanka (Coleoptera),” Folia Entomologica Hungarica, Rovartani Kozlemenyek, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 43–128, 1979.
- W. Schawaller, “The genus Mesomorphus Seidlitz in Nepal,” Faunistische Abhandlungen Staatliches Museum Fur Tierkunde, Dresden, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 39–48, 2000.
- T. N. Ananthakrishnan and B. V. David, General and Applied Entomology, Tata McGraw-Hill, Noida, India, 2004.
- W. R. Tschinkel, “A comparative study of the chemical defensive system of tenebrionid beetles. III. Morphology of the glands,” Journal of Morphology, vol. 145, no. 3, pp. 355–370, 1975.
- W. R. Tschinkel and J. T. Doyen, “Comparative anatomy of the defensive glands, ovipositors and female genital tubes of tenebrionid beetles (Coleoptera),” International Journal of Insect Morphology and Embryology, vol. 9, no. 5-6, pp. 321–368, 1980.
- P. Abhitha, K. V. Vinod, and T. K. Sabu, “Defensive glands in the adult and larval stages of Luprops tristis (Tenebrionidae: Lagriinae: Lupropini),” Journal of Insect Science, vol. 10, no. 10, 5 pages, 2010.