- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Rehabilitation Research and Practice
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 487025, 11 pages
Cost of Illness for Patients with Arthritis Receiving Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation Care
1Department of Rheumatology, National Resource Center for Rehabilitation in Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, 0319 Oslo, Norway
2FORMI, Oslo University Hospital, Ullevaal, 0407 Oslo, Norway
3Department of Rheumatology, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, 0319 Oslo, Norway
4Department of Health Management and Health Economics, University of Oslo, 0318 Oslo, Norway
5Center for Health Economic Evaluation (HEHØ), Oslo University Hospital, 0318 Oslo, Norway
Received 9 March 2011; Accepted 14 April 2011
Academic Editor: K. S. Sunnerhagen
Copyright © 2011 Margreth Grotle et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. P. M. Vliet Vlieland, P. D. M. de Buck, and W. B. van den Hout, “Vocational rehabilitation programs for individuals with chronic arthritis,” Current Opinion in Rheumatology, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 183–188, 2009.
- H. H. Holte, K. Tambs, and T. Bjerkedal, “Time trends in disability pensioning for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and soft tissue rheumatism in Norway 1968–97,” Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 17–23, 2003.
- C. M. Lambert, N. P. Hurst, J. F. Forbes, A. Lochhead, M. Macleod, and G. Nuki, “Is day care equivalent to inpatient care for active rheumatoid arthritis? Randomised controlled clinical and economic evaluation,” British Medical Journal, vol. 316, no. 7136, pp. 965–969, 1998.
- W. B. van den Hout, G. J. Tijhuis, J. M. W. Hazes, F. C. Breedveld, and T. P. M. Vliet Vlieland, “Cost effectiveness and cost utility analysis of multidisciplinary care in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a randomised comparison of clinical nurse specialist care, inpatient team care, and day patient team care,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 308–315, 2003.
- T. P. M. Vliet Vlieland, “Multidisciplinary team care and outcomes in rheumatoid arthritis,” Current Opinion in Rheumatology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 153–156, 2004.
- J. Zeidler, T. Mittendorf, G. Vahldiek, H. Zeidler, and S. Merkesdal, “Comparative cost analysis of outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation for musculoskeletal diseases in Germany,” Rheumatology, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 1527–1534, 2008.
- E. Flipon, M. Brazier, G. Clavel et al., “Is it possible to identify early predictors of the future cost of chronic arthritis? The VErA project,” Fundamental and Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 105–113, 2009.
- N. J. Cooper, M. Mugford, D. P. M. Symmons, E. M. Barrett, and D. G. I. Scott, “Total costs and predictors of costs in individuals with early inflammatory polyarthritis: a community-based prospective study,” Rheumatology, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 767–774, 2002.
- N. J. Cooper, M. Mugford, D. G. I. Scott, E. M. Barrett, and D. P. M. Symmons, “Secondary health service care and second line drug costs of early inflammatory polyarthritis in Norfolk, UK,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 2115–2122, 2000.
- D. Huscher, S. Merkesdal, K. Thiele, H. Zeidler, M. Schneider, and A. Zink, “Cost of illness in rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus in Germany,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 65, no. 9, pp. 1175–1183, 2006.
- J. L. Hülsemann, T. Mittendorf, S. Merkesdal et al., “Direct costs related to rheumatoid arthritis: the patient perspective,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 64, no. 10, pp. 1456–1461, 2005.
- S. Merkesdal, J. Ruof, J. L. Huelsemann et al., “Indirect cost assessment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA): comparison of data from the health economic patient questionnaire HEQ-RA and insurance claims data,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 234–240, 2005.
- T. Pincus, J. A. Summey, S. A. Soraci Jr., K. A. Wallston, and N. P. Hummon, “Assessment of patient satisfaction in activities of daily living using a modified Stanford Health Assessment Questionnaire,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 1346–1353, 1983.
- J. E. Ware and C. D. Sherbourne, “The MOS 36-item short-form health survey (SF-36). I. Conceptual framework and item selection,” Medical Care, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 473–483, 1992.
- E. Aas, “Cost-effectiveness of screening for colorectal cancer with once-only flexible sigmoidoscopy and faecal occult blood test,” Tech. Rep. HERO 2008, University in Oslo, Oslo, Norway, 2008.
- M. F. Drummond, M. J. Sculpher, G. W. Torrance, B. J. O'Brian, and G. L. Stoddart, Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Healthcare Programmes, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2005 edition, 2010.
- N. J. Cooper, “Economic burden of rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review,” Rheumatology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 28–33, 2000.
- B. Fautrel and F. Guillemin, “Cost of illness studies in rheumatic diseases,” Current Opinion in Rheumatology, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 121–126, 2002.
- B. Fautrel, A. E. Clarke, F. Guillemin et al., “Costs of rheumatoid arthritis: new estimates from the human capital method and comparison to the willingness-to-pay method,” Medical Decision Making, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 138–150, 2007.
- M. Klokkerud, M. Grotle, I. Løchting, T. Uhlig, and K. B. Hagen, “Does the content really matter? A study comparing structure, process, and outcome of team rehabilitation in two different clinical settings,” Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. In press.
- M. Maravic, M. C. Bozonnat, A. Sevezan et al., “Preliminary evaluation of medical outcomes (including quality of life) and costs in incident RA cases receiving hospital-based multidisciplinary management,” Joint Bone Spine, vol. 67, no. 5, pp. 425–433, 2000.
- B. Natvig, I. Nessiøy, D. Brusgaard, and O. Rutle, “Musculoskeletal symptoms in a local community,” European Journal of General Practice, vol. 1, pp. 25–28, 1995.