- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Rehabilitation Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 174579, 6 pages
Substance Use and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Risk Reduction and Prevention: A Novel Model for Treatment
1Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center (MIRECC), Eastern Colorado Health Care System (ECHCS) Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
2Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80111, USA
3Departments of Neurology and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80111, USA
4Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Wexner Medical Center at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
5Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Program, Eastern Colorado Health Care System (ECHCS) Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
6Center of Excellence, Canandaigua Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Canandaigua, NY 14424, USA
7Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Received 5 December 2011; Revised 15 February 2012; Accepted 21 February 2012
Academic Editor: Brian D. Greenwald
Copyright © 2012 Jennifer H. Olson-Madden et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Laura Moretti, Irene Cristofori, Starla M Weaver, Aileen Chau, Jaclyn N Portelli, and Jordan Grafman, “Cognitive decline in older adults with a history of traumatic brain injury,” The Lancet Neurology, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 1103–1112, 2012.
- Nazanin Bahraini, and Lisa A. Brenner, “Screening for TBI and Persistent Symptoms Provides Opportunities for Prevention and Intervention,” Journal Of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 223–226, 2013.
- Andrzej Jakubczyk, Anna Klimkiewicz, Anna Wnorowska, Katarzyna Mika, Marcin Bugaj, Anna Podgórska, Kristen Barry, Frederic C. Blow, Kirk J. Brower, and Marcin Wojnar, “Impulsivity, risky behaviors and accidents in alcohol-dependent patients,” Accident Analysis & Prevention, vol. 51, pp. 150–155, 2013.
- Kalle Vaaramo, Jussi Puljula, Sami Tetri, Seppo Juvela, and Matti Hillbom, “Predictors of new-onset seizures: a 10-year follow-up of head trauma subjects with and without traumatic brain injury,” Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 598–602, 2014.
- Angela Colantonio, Hwan Kim, Stefan Allen, Mark Asbridge, Josian Petgrave, and Serge Brochu, “Traumatic Brain Injury and Early Life Experiences Among Men and Women in a Prison Population,” Journal of Correctional Health Care, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 271–279, 2014.