- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Radiology Research and Practice
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 679864, 4 pages
Surgical Excision of Benign Papillomas Diagnosed with Core Biopsy: A Community Hospital Approach
Carol W. and Julius A. Rippel Breast Center, Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown, NJ 07962, USA
Received 9 September 2011; Accepted 5 October 2011
Academic Editor: Felix Diekmann
Copyright © 2011 Eka Rozentsvayg et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. W. Jacobs, J. L. Connolly, and S. J. Schnitt, “Nonmalignant lesions in breast core needle biopsies: to excise or not to excise?” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 1095–1110, 2002.
- N. Ahmadiyeh, M. A. Stoleru, S. Raza, S. C. Lester, and M. Golshan, “Management of intraductal papillomas of the breast: an analysis of 129 cases and their outcome,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 2264–2269, 2009.
- S. N. Agoff and T. J. Lawton, “Papillary lesions of the breast with and without atypical ductal hyperplasia: can we accurately predict benign behavior from core needle biopsy,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 122, no. 3, pp. 440–443, 2004.
- M. K. Sydnor, J. D. Wilson, T. A. Hijaz, H. D. Massey, and E. S. S. de Paredes, “Underestimation of the presence of breast carcinoma in papillary lesions initially diagnosed at core-needle biopsy,” Radiology, vol. 242, no. 1, pp. 58–62, 2007.
- A. A. Renshaw, R. P. Derhagopian, D. M. Tizol-Blanco, and E. W. Gould, “Papillomas and atypical papillomas in breast core needle biopsy specimens: risk of carcinoma in subsequent excision,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 217–221, 2004.
- M. Rizzo, M. J. Lund, G. Oprea, M. Schniederjan, W. C. Wood, and M. Mosunjac, “Surgical follow-up and clinical presentation of 142 breast papillary lesions diagnosed by ultrasound-guided core-needle biopsy,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1040–1047, 2008.
- R. Sakr, L. S. Gendler, S. M. Feldman et al., “Association of breast cancer with papillary lesions identified at percutaneous image-guided breast biopsy,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 188, no. 4, pp. 365–370, 2004.
- A. Skandarajah, L. Field, A. Mou et al., “Benign papilloma on core biopsy requires surgical excision,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 2272–2277, 2008.
- E. K. Valdes, P. I. Tartter, E. Genelus-Dominique, D. A. Guilbaud, S. Rosenbaum-Smith, and A. Estabrook, “Significance of papillary lesions at percutaneous breast biopsy,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 480–482, 2006.
- L. Liberman, C. Tornos, R. Huzjan, L. Bartella, E. A. Morris, and D. D. Dershaw, “Is surgical excision warranted after benign, concordant diagnosis of papilloma at percutaneous breast biopsy?” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 186, no. 5, pp. 1328–1334, 2006.
- L. S. Gendler, S. M. Feldman, and R. Balassanian, “Association of breast cancer with papillary lesions identified at percutaneous image-guided brest biopsy,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 188, pp. 365–370, 2004.
- E. K. Valdes, S. M. Feldman, and S. K. Boolbol, “Papillary lesions: a review of the literature,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1009–1013, 2007.
- R. Plantade, F. Gerard, and J. C. Hammou, “Management of nonmalignant papillary lesions diagnosed on percutaneous biopsy,” Journal of Radiology, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 299–305, 2006.
- D. Ivan, V. Selinko, A. A. Sahin, N. Sneige, and L. P. Middleton, “Accuracy of core needle biopsy diagnosis in assessing papillary breast lesions: histologic predictors of malignancy,” Modern Pathology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 165–171, 2004.
- R. Sakr, R. Rouzier, C. Salem et al., “Risk of breast cancer associated with papilloma,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 1304–1308, 2008.
- I. Ashkenazi, K. Ferrer, M. Sekosan et al., “Papillary lesions of the breast discovered on percutaneous large core and vacuum-assisted biopsies: reliability of clinical and pathological parameters in identifying benign lesions,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 194, no. 2, pp. 183–188, 2007.
- C. L. Mercado, D. Hamele-Bena, S. M. Oken, C. I. Singer, and J. Cangiarella, “Papillary lesions of the breast at percutaneous core-needle biopsy,” Radiology, vol. 238, no. 3, pp. 801–808, 2006.
- F. Puglisi, C. Zuiani, M. Bazzocchi et al., “Role of mammography, ultrasound and large core biopsy in the diagnostic evaluation of papillary breast lesions,” Oncology, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 311–315, 2003.
- E. L. Rosen, R. C. Bentley, J. A. Baker, and M. S. Soo, “Imaging-guided core needle biopsy of papillary lesions of the breast,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 179, no. 5, pp. 1185–1192, 2002.