- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Radiology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 815729, 9 pages
Parameter Optimization for Quantitative Signal-Concentration Mapping Using Spoiled Gradient Echo MRI
UCLA Department of Radiology, UCLA Center for Health Sciences, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Received 15 April 2012; Revised 25 August 2012; Accepted 31 August 2012
Academic Editor: Sotirios Bisdas
Copyright © 2012 Gasser Hathout and Neema Jamshidi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. D. Diesbourg, F. S. Prato, G. Wisenberg et al., “Quantification of myocardial blood flow and extracellular volumes using a bolus injection of Gd-DTPA: kinetic modeling in canine ischemic disease,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 239–253, 1992.
- J. A. Frank, P. L. Choyke, H. A. Austin, and M. E. Girton, “Functional MR of the kidney,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 319–323, 1991.
- N. Wilke, K. Kroll, H. Merkle et al., “Regional myocardial blood volume and flow: first-pass MR imaging with polylysine-Gd-DTPA,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 227–237, 1995.
- J. W. Belliveau, B. R. Rosen, H. L. Kantor et al., “Functional cerebral imaging by susceptibility-contrast NMR,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 538–546, 1990.
- G. Brix, W. Semmler, R. Port, L. R. Schad, G. Layer, and W. J. Lorenz, “Pharmacokinetic parameters in CNS Gd-DTPA enhanced MR imaging,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 621–628, 1991.
- H. B. W. Larsson, M. Stubgaard, J. L. Frederiksen, M. Jensen, O. Henriksen, and O. B. Paulson, “Quantitation of blood-brain barrier defect by magnetic resonance imaging and gadolinium-DTPA in patients with multiple sclerosis and brain tumors,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 117–131, 1990.
- B. R. Rosen, J. W. Belliveau, J. M. Vevea, and T. J. Brady, “Perfusion imaging with NMR contrast agents,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 249–265, 1990.
- P. S. Tofts and A. G. Kermode, “Measurement of the blood-brain barrier permeability and leakage space using dynamic MR imaging—1. Fundamental concepts,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 357–367, 1991.
- R. B. Buxton, R. R. Edelman, and B. R. Rosen, “Contrast in rapid MR imaging: T1- and T2-weighted imaging,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 7–16, 1987.
- M. Y. Su, J. C. Jao, and O. Nalcioglu, “Measurement of vascular volume fraction and blood-tissue permeability constants with a pharmacokinetic model: studies in rat muscle tumors with dynamic Gd-DTPA enhanced MRI,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 714–724, 1994.
- S. Aumann, S. O. Schoenberg, A. Just, K. Briley-Saebo, A. Bjornerud, and M. Bock, “Quantification of renal perfusion using an intravascular contrast agent—part 1: results in a canine model,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 276–287, 2003.
- N. Hackstein, J. Heckrodt, and W. S. Rau, “Measurement of single-kidney glomerular filtration rate using a contrast-enhanced dynamic gradient-echo sequence and the Rutland-Patlak plot technique,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 714–725, 2003.
- R. I. Pettigrew, L. Avruch, and W. Dannels, “Fast-field-echo MR imaging with Gd-DTPA: physiologic evaluation of the kidney and liver,” Radiology, vol. 160, no. 2, pp. 561–563, 1986.
- M. J. Carvlin, P. H. Arger, and H. L. Kundel, “Acute tubular necrosis: use of gadolinium-DTPA and fast MR imaging to evaluate renal function in the rabbit,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 488–495, 1987.
- R. C. Semelka, H. Hricak, E. Tomei, A. Floth, and M. Stoller, “Obstructive nephropathy: evaluation with dynamic Gd-DTPA-enhanced MR imaging,” Radiology, vol. 175, no. 3, pp. 797–803, 1990.
- J. P. Laissy, M. Faraggi, R. Lebtahi et al., “Functional evaluation of normal and ischemic kidney by means of gadolinium-dota enhanced turboFLASH MR imaging: a preliminary comparison with 99mTc-MAG3 dynamic scintigraphy,” Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 413–419, 1994.
- H. Munechika, D. C. Sullivan, L. W. Hedlund et al., “Evaluation of acute renal failure with magnetic resonance imaging using gradient-echo and Gd-DTPA,” Investigative Radiology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 22–27, 1991.
- S. S. Eilenberg, J. K. T. Lee, J. J. Brown, S. A. Mirowitz, and V. M. Tartar, “Renal masses: evaluation with gradient-echo Gd-DTPA-enhanced dynamic MR imaging,” Radiology, vol. 176, no. 2, pp. 333–338, 1990.
- N. Wilke, C. Simm, J. Zhang et al., “Contrast-enhanced first pass myocardial perfusion imaging: correlation between myocardial blood flow in dogs at rest and during hyperemia,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 485–497, 1993.
- M. Graif, G. M. Bydder, and R. E. Steiner, “Contrast-enhanced MR imaging of malignant brain tumors,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 855–862, 1985.
- F. Koschorek, H. P. Jensen, and B. Terwey, “Dynamic MR imaging: a further possibility for characterizing CNS lesions,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 259–262, 1987.
- M. F. Wendland, M. Saeed, K. K. Yu et al., “Inversion recovery EPI of bolus transit in rat myocardium using intravascular and extravascular gadolinium-based MR contrast media: dose effects on peak signal enhancement,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 319–329, 1994.
- M. Y. Su, E. Head, W. M. Brooks, Z. Wang, B. A. Muggenburg, and G. E. Adam, “Magnetic resonance imaging of anatomic and vascular characteristics in a canine model of human aging,” Neurobiol Aging, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 479–485, 1998.
- M. C. Schabel and D. L. Parker, “Uncertainty and bias in contrast concentration measurements using spoiled gradient echo pulse sequences,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 2345–2373, 2008.
- P. S. Tofts, B. Berkowitz, and M. D. Schnall, “Quantitative analysis of dynamic Gd-DTPA enhancement in breast tumors using a permeability model,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 564–568, 1995.
- D. G. Gadian, J. A. Payne, and D. J. Bryant, “Gadolinium-DTPA as a contrast agent in MR imaging—Theoretical projections and practical observations,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 242–251, 1985.
- G. Strich, P. L. Hagan, K. H. Gerber, and R. A. Stutsky, “Tissue distribution and magnetic resonance spin lattice relaxation effects of Gadolinium-DTPA,” Radiology, vol. 154, no. 3, pp. 723–726, 1985.
- I. R. Young and J. A. Payne, “Slice-shape artifact changes with precession angle in rapid MR imaging,” Magnetic resonance in Medicine, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 177–181, 1987.
- A. Haase, J. Frahm, D. Matthaei, W. Hanicke, and K. D. Merboldt, “FLASH imaging: rapid NMR imaging using low flip-angle pulses. 1986,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance, vol. 213, pp. 533–541, 2011.